Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2TR-FE auto transmission

Old 08-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
2TR-FE auto transmission

Doing some buggy research. Im planning to use the 2TR-FE as the heart, but wanted to use an auto transmission. Was wanting to use a GM trans, but cant seem to find any adaptors. What is yalls opinion of the factory auto trans that mated with this motor from the factory? Some other auto trans suggestions would be appreciated. Im always impressed with this build http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyot...over-year.html
Old 08-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
Pool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPool Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pool Runner's Tacoma Gallery
The gearing in my 4SPD, 2TR-FE is a pit to tall for my liking, but it does well enough. It might be better in a much lighter buggy. But I think I would rather adapt a 5/spd manual if that's even possible.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
Fordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shedFordless is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USAF Civilian
Name: Jack
Fordless's Tacoma Gallery
The 2TR 4x4 equipped trucks come with a A340F which is about as tough as 20 penny nails. Although the LandCruiser (pre-V8) comes with a A343F which may have more suitable gearing for your needs. The A343F should be about as tough as railroad spikes. Both "should" have the same bellhousing bolt pattern. The more modern version of the A340 is controlled by a trans control module. I'm not sure about the A343F, but I think it was controlled by the ECU so that *might* put you trying to find an independent trans controller for the A343 if you go that route.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
Asian RedNeck
BenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to allBenMara is a name known to all

Name: Ben
BenMara's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BenMara
not finding any concrete info, a call to marlin is in order