Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Adding Resonated Exhaust Tip to Stock

Old 10-11-2014, 03:38 AM   #1
Rexxss98 is on a distinguished road

Rexxss98's Tacoma Gallery
Adding Resonated Exhaust Tip to Stock

Hello All!

I was thinking about adding a stainless tip to my stock OEM exhaust. I came across some nice ones with built in resonators such as this MagnaFlow http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...=main&id=12152.

I was wondering just how loud this thing could be when welded on the stock system? I am totally ok with an increase in noise but am not looking for a fart can like the imports from the 90's. Let me know if any of you guys have added one to your stock systems. I might just go with a regular tip if it turns out to be too loud.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Your stock exhaust is already pretty quiet, so a tip with a resonator built into it would likely make it even quieter. But it would look nicer than the stock pipe end.

Greg
Old 10-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
Rexxss98 is on a distinguished road

Rexxss98's Tacoma Gallery
I read that these tips with resonators actually increase the sound instead of decreasing?
Old 10-12-2014, 11:34 PM   #4
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
(shrug) Ok.

Greg