Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

best path to replace passenger seatbelt

Old 11-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #1
adrstout is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
adrstout's Tacoma Gallery
best path to replace passenger seatbelt

My wife (I love her to death) decided we should buy this harness deal to hook the dog to the seat belt so she would be safe. I thought, "eh, whatever." I wasn't convinced it would actually be much better for the dog but figured it couldn't hurt and it made my wife feel better. Well, the dog (I also love her to death) didn't much care for this whole scenario and tried to chew through the seat belt.

She didn't get very far before my wife caught her. Maybe a 1/4 of an inch. I took a lighter to the part that is frayed and wrapped it in duct tape so it wouldn't get worse.

Obviously, I'm not overly comfortable with driving anyone around like this and would like to get this fixed ASAP. I've done a bit of research but nothing has stood out at me as the obvious solution. I'm happy to do it myself and it seems like it should be straight forward but I can't find any simple how-to instructions and/or products. I'm also worried that the dealership will charge a bundle. I am out of warranty or else I would probably try to claim spontaneous fraying lol. I'm not opposed to just paying for them to do it if I have to. Just checking my options.

Anyone replaced a belt? Is it worth it to just call the dealer? Any idea on price?
Old 11-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
adrstout is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
adrstout's Tacoma Gallery
I totally thought I was in the general 2nd gen section when I posted this.

This is not exactly 4 cylinder related lol. If a mod wants to move it, that's totally cool. In fact, I'd appreciate it since I'd get more views and opinions.

Thanks!