1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

best path to replace passenger seatbelt

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by adrstout, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Nov 2, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    adrstout

adrstout [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    '12 4cyl SR5 4x4
    2.5" lift, 265/75r16 Cooper AT3, All Pro Front Skid, KBVoodoo bed rack, a bunch of other random stuff
    My wife (I love her to death) decided we should buy this harness deal to hook the dog to the seat belt so she would be safe. I thought, "eh, whatever." I wasn't convinced it would actually be much better for the dog but figured it couldn't hurt and it made my wife feel better. Well, the dog (I also love her to death) didn't much care for this whole scenario and tried to chew through the seat belt.

She didn't get very far before my wife caught her. Maybe a 1/4 of an inch. I took a lighter to the part that is frayed and wrapped it in duct tape so it wouldn't get worse.

Obviously, I'm not overly comfortable with driving anyone around like this and would like to get this fixed ASAP. I've done a bit of research but nothing has stood out at me as the obvious solution. I'm happy to do it myself and it seems like it should be straight forward but I can't find any simple how-to instructions and/or products. I'm also worried that the dealership will charge a bundle. I am out of warranty or else I would probably try to claim spontaneous fraying lol. I'm not opposed to just paying for them to do it if I have to. Just checking my options.

Anyone replaced a belt? Is it worth it to just call the dealer? Any idea on price?

2. Nov 2, 2014 at 10:05 AM
    adrstout

adrstout [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    '12 4cyl SR5 4x4
    2.5" lift, 265/75r16 Cooper AT3, All Pro Front Skid, KBVoodoo bed rack, a bunch of other random stuff
    I totally thought I was in the general 2nd gen section when I posted this.

This is not exactly 4 cylinder related lol. If a mod wants to move it, that's totally cool. In fact, I'd appreciate it since I'd get more views and opinions.

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top