Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

LCE Header

Old 11-26-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
Bob57 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Bob57's Tacoma Gallery
LCE Header

Just ordered a LCE header for my little 2.7.
Been telling myself for a few months no, no unless it's on sale.
Well until Dec 1st you can get 10% off.

It's all your fault Greg !

Bob
Old 11-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #3
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
I'll happily take the blame, Bob.
My LCE went on after I had my truck only a week. I paid full price and never regretted it.

Greg
Old 11-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #5
Army:
Bob57's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by holokai View Post
I'm going to blame Greg as well The Tooter spacer ended up being a nice gateway "drug"
Yep, I've also read about everything posted about the tooter intake spacer.
We'll probably see the "Tooter Performance Mods" website in the future?

Still wonder if he gets any kickback from LCE?

Bob
Old 11-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #6
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob57 View Post
Yep, I've also read about everything posted about the tooter intake spacer.
We'll probably see the "Tooter Performance Mods" website in the future?

Still wonder if he gets any kickback from LCE?

Bob
Nope, nothing... and I don't get anything from Flowmaster either.

Whenever I'm impressed with the high quality, innovative design, and genuine performance improvement of a product, I enjoy promoting it just as my own personal "thank-you" to whoever made it.

Greg
Old 11-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #7
Luna3 is on a distinguished road

Army: 210th Armor, 42nd Heavy Maint
Luna3's Tacoma Gallery
Me too

Just ordered this morning. $45 off, no tax, 40 bucks shipping. Had to pull the trigger.

Countersteers and Goodyear ATs go on next week...it's a disease....
Old 11-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #8
Army:
Bob57's Tacoma Gallery

Mine is suppose to arrive Wednesday, already put penetrating oil on all the bolts.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #9
Army:
Bob57's Tacoma Gallery
Got the header installed.
No leaks no lights no problems,, and only one little knuckle skin.
I could feel the difference in just the 20 miles I've put on it.
Hoping to see an increase in MPG, I'll be checking it after some relearn miles.
Yep, I'ma likin it

Old 12-04-2014, 06:15 AM   #10
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

Name: Chance
Texasdynaryder's Tacoma Gallery
Im waiting till after Xmas to do the same!!
Old 12-04-2014, 06:31 AM   #11
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Sub'd for your results!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #12
Dangerdave is a jewel in the roughDangerdave is a jewel in the roughDangerdave is a jewel in the roughDangerdave is a jewel in the rough
Name: David
Dangerdave's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has been in for about a month and the results are noticeable. Slight mpg increase and a little more power. I'm considering an intake and new muffler if I can find one that flows well but doesn't sound like a Honda.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #13
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

Cant say anything about a flowmaster but I'm sure the 18"or larger would be mellow. My factory to 14" is decent.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #14
hygieneboy will become famous soon enough

Navy: Sub Pilot
hygieneboy's Tacoma Gallery
My question is how much difference do you actually feel? Do you feel like it's worth it. Dyno numbers aren't important to me, I care about my seat of the pants feel. Most of the time my truck is plenty powerful but sometimes at 65-70 mph going over my local bridges my truck struggles to accelerate at all and I'm not sure if it's a transmission thing or the bad power to weight ratio uphill with wind resistance.
Is it very subtle like when the truck feels more peppy in cold weather?

I'm ok with a wrench. Is this something easily installed DIY or frustrating needing special tools other than a socket set?
Old 12-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #15
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
I felt the difference, truck feels like it pulls better/smoother.

Easy to install. I used air tools cause I'm lazy.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #16
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
But I also have 4.88 gears, not sure how it feels with stock gears.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #17

Tires and gears do make a difference. This last truck i bought had 265 75 16 on it from the region s owner. Coming from having a 3.4 auto to a 2.7l 5 speed it has seemed sluggish. But it was a trade of for MPGs. Yes putting this stuff on is a cool factor and will maybe net some kind of improvement. Its still a 2.7 and isn't made for power.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #18
Army:
Bob57's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hygieneboy View Post
My question is how much difference do you actually feel? Do you feel like it's worth it.
I'm ok with a wrench. Is this something easily installed DIY or frustrating needing special tools other than a socket set?
I've only put 50 miles on mine but yes I can tell mostly up steep hills.
I'll have to put some miles on it to see my mileage gains before I can say it's worth the price but as of now yes to me it was.
Install wasn't bad no special tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasdynaryder View Post
Tires and gears do make a difference. This last truck i bought had 265 75 16 on it from the region s owner. Coming from having a 3.4 auto to a 2.7l 5 speed it has seemed sluggish. But it was a trade of for MPGs. Yes putting this stuff on is a cool factor and will maybe net some kind of improvement. Its still a 2.7 and isn't made for power.
Yes tires and wheels are a big factor I have a base with 15 inch wheels, the aluminum wheels I put on it were 40 lb lighter then the stock steel.
The lighter wheels made a big change in the way the truck feels, responds and a little mpg gain.
I just topped off to get a tank average after the header install.
But now with colder weather I cant do a real comparison but it's still looking good by the ScanGuage average.
And the header just looks cool !
Old 12-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #19
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Best motor mod for a second gen 4cyl. wish I had done mine earlier but people kept dogging it . Worth every penny even at full price .