Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Oil catch can help!!!!!

Old 12-06-2014, 04:10 PM   #1
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Oil catch can help!!!!!

Pardon my ignorance here but anyone install an oil catch can on their 2.7 taco?

I just got one and for the life of me I can't find what hoses to remove and connect to the the can.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
KyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KyleNowad's Tacoma Gallery
Why do you need one?
Old 12-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seen some posts on here of v6 guys installing them and catching quiet a bit of oil that would've been sent back through the intake if not for the catch can.

Figured it'd be a good thing to add.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #4
KyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyleNowad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
Seen some posts on here of v6 guys installing them and catching quiet a bit of oil that would've been sent back through the intake if not for the catch can.

Figured it'd be a good thing to add.
But you have a 4 cylinder :: scratching head::
Old 12-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY

Regardless of motor size, I'm sure there is oil being blown back through my intake.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #6

Toyota designed our vehicles for a reason. I'd just skip the weekend project. Lots of good football on today and tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #7
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY

Had one on an 84 22r and it caught oil. Figured it'll catch some on my 2tr as well.

And planning to boost soon so I thought what the helll
Old 12-06-2014, 04:59 PM   #9
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I had one on my 1st gen 2.7 for about 3 weeks. Very little oil/sludge was 'caught', so I removed it. Fun project, though.

It was in-line with the PCV hose.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #10
vstrom is on a distinguished road
vstrom's Tacoma Gallery
I've got one on mine.

I wouldn't say I catch alot but it does catch oil.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post'em up.