1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

kevlar vs ceramic clutch disc

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by tlh178, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Dec 17, 2014 at 3:44 AM
    tlh178

tlh178 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    terry
    lake huron/sag bay
    Vehicle:
    2012 4WD reg cab/ 02 SR5 Prerunner/07 FJC 4WD
    clutchmasters has both of these disc. which one would you choose and why. i noticed my 2012 r/c clutch is slipping in 5th gear. hopefully i can make it to spring, my truck will not fit all the way into my small garage. i do trailer my lund boat with this truck sometimes.

2. Feb 16, 2021 at 1:15 AM
    RocketTaco808

RocketTaco808 Resident Telescope Expert

Member:
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd URD MKIII.1 6-Speed
    Poly bushings all around, URD Headers, Composite Carbon Stage II clutch, TRD short throw, URD Spec U Exhaust, Tow package, Bunny Trails, Fairy Dust, Triple Dynamat Insulated, Blood, sweat, grit and some good old fashion elbow grease.
    Organic, if supercharged without maximizing power (stage 1 vs 3), go with a performance organic otherwise drivability is tough when starting from a stop.

If you’ve put enough boost into your setup than you don’t really have a choice between the two from what I understand, organics will slip before ceramics with enough power behind them.

yeah this threads been dead for 7 years.. was dead when it started, but figured I’d close it out.

Products Discussed in

To Top