Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

NOS In a 4cylinder?

Old 04-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
How much of a shot? Are you going to add fueling, or is it a wet kit?
Old 04-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
NOS in general wears a lot on engines...if it is any worse on 4 the 4 banger i couldn't tell ya....

seems like a lot of ricers out there do it though
Old 04-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
well, if its not done right theres always the chance of blowing your engine, and your truck catching on fire. Its a Good idea to ALWAYS have a fire extinguisher on board.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
NOS in general wears a lot on engines...if it is any worse on 4 the 4 banger i couldn't tell ya....

seems like a lot of ricers out there do it though
If done right, It shouldnt do any more damage than a turbo, or SC. The main 2 benafits of No2 are, it cools the intake temp, and adds more oxogen to the charge. I have used it many times, and the only problem I had was when my buddy hit it (150 hp set up) while my car was in neutral.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If done right, It shouldnt do any more damage than a turbo, or SC. The main 2 benafits of No2 are, it cools the intake temp, and adds more oxogen to the charge. I have used it many times, and the only problem I had was when my buddy hit it (150 hp set up) while my car was in neutral.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....I think you mean EX-buddy no??

Much like chris said-
I've had this discussion with several folks who have installed/used NOS for various things. If you spend the time and money to do it right....You are not at any additional risk of damage to the car than you are from driving it at all.

That being said- Wide Open Throttle and some other things need to happen most of the time you are going to ride the bottle- What are you trying to do with your truck that you are thinking about spray??
Old 04-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #7
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

i guess i didn't mean damage... more like faster wear... which could lead to damage

do the tacoma's have forged internals (pistons, rods...etc)? or are they cast?

stronger internal components will allow your engine to take higher shots due to the tremendous amount of heat and force the results from the nitrous
Old 04-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud122 View Post
i guess i didn't mean damage... more like faster wear... which could lead to damage

do the tacoma's have forged internals (pistons, rods...etc)? or are they cast?

stronger internal components will allow your engine to take higher shots due to the tremendous amount of heat and force the results from the nitrous
Pistons are Cast. The con rods and crank are forged. Though the pistons are cast, strength is not compromised due to the design of the piston, and being as the 1 GR-FE has a relatively long stroke, the piston sheds any heat build up rapidly. From what I have heard, the piston on the 1 GR-FE can stay around 300* under WOT, so heat wont be an issue to weakening it either.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....I think you mean EX-buddy no??
After detroying the top end of my 327.....Yes....very much an EX friend.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #10
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly WTF I dont understand why you bought a toyota 4 banger to try and make it go fast. All this talk of superchargers and nitrous makes me sick. If you want a fast vehicle by a sportscar. If you need the supercharger for offroad capabilities then I sorta understand. But otherwise Its a fcukin truck man.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:39 AM   #11
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
Honestly WTF I dont understand why you bought a toyota 4 banger to try and make it go fast. All this talk of superchargers and nitrous makes me sick. If you want a fast vehicle by a sportscar. If you need the supercharger for offroad capabilities then I sorta understand. But otherwise Its a fcukin truck man.
He just wants the best of both worlds.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #12
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
why do you want to run nos? what are you looking to gain from this?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #13
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You resurrected an old thread just to complain?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #14
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
no I simply told my view on a stupid decision. I dont care about any old thread before this. Why were on this why dont we put nos on our lawnmowers also, and then you could race other lawnmowers at the lawnmower strip.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #15
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no I simply told my view on a stupid decision. I dont care about any old thread before this. Why were on this why dont we put nos on our lawnmowers also, and then you could race other lawnmowers at the lawnmower strip.
Does it make you feel better to complain about it rather than not open/ignore the thread?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #16
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
It really bothers me that people refer to Nitrous Oxide as NOS. N.O.S is a Company (Nitrous Oxide Systems). N2O is nitrous oxide. It bothers me even more when people say the word NOS instead of the initials N.O.S.

Sorry about the bitching.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #17
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
So can I twin turbo and supercharger my taco while running my 100 shot?

I'm also trying to keep around 22mpg.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #18
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
power to weight ratio maybe? a better balanced vehicle? better handling characteristics vs. the 6? maybe the whole THEY DON'T MAKE REGULAR CABS WITH V6s....
Old 10-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #19
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
power to weight ratio maybe? a better balanced vehicle? better handling characteristics vs. the 6? maybe the whole THEY DON'T MAKE REGULAR CABS WITH V6s....
Thats exactly what I was thinking, but didnt waste my breath.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #20
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
So can I twin turbo and supercharger my taco while running my 100 shot?

I'm also trying to keep around 22mpg.
I think that double forced induction will support a 150 shot, get to it!