Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

get rid of the one wheel wonder!

Old 01-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
eclipse22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Marcin
eclipse22's Tacoma Gallery
get rid of the one wheel wonder!

Just wondering if anyone here has installed a Spartan 7527 in their truck. I'm looking in purchasing one to allow me to not get stuck going up my driveway with a little bit of snow. My truck is a 2.7l 2006 Tacoma 2WD auto. Gear code a01a.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:57 PM   #2
Banned
GoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shed
GoldyLocks's Tacoma Gallery
id try and get a selectable rear locker for a street driven truck.

thats some coin just to make it up your driveway. add some chains and some speed

obviously i dont know your situation, just saying
Old 01-12-2015, 11:08 PM   #3
I have contacted east coast gear supply and the local transmission place I worked for and to do what I want ring and pinion and selectable locker etc it's gonna be 1500+$ I heard the spartan is a decent street performer unlined the lock rite which is a bit more extreme
Old 01-13-2015, 08:54 AM   #4
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Get some coarse sand, and spread it over the driveway.
Lower air pressure in the tires (winter only)
Old 01-13-2015, 09:06 AM   #5
Banned
GoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoldyLocks is one of the sharper tools in the shed
and on top of that, throw a couple sand bags in the bed for more traction. how steep is your driveway?

$1500 sounds about right, EXPENSIVE!
for what its worth, i have gears and lockers front and rear, its alot of money just to make it up your driveway....
Old 01-13-2015, 09:49 AM   #6
The question is if anyone had installed that spartan lunchbox locker I'm trying to humour myself with getting my truck up the driveway, which is question means it sucks to drive in winter period.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse22 View Post
The question is if anyone had installed that spartan lunchbox locker I'm trying to humour myself with getting my truck up the driveway, which is question means it sucks to drive in winter period.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:21 PM   #8
ToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ToyoTaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe look at the eaton truetrac!! It's a gear drive limited slip differential. No clutches to wear out.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:59 PM   #9
Clearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Billy
Clearwater Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have you considered trying a set of actual snow tires?

I've seen even little Miatas only limited by the depth of the snow when running a full set with a competent driver. No chains, no studs, just proper winter tires.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:05 PM   #10
Beaniam is on a distinguished road
Beaniam's Tacoma Gallery
that a lunchbox locker? I used to have aussie lunchbox lockers in the front and rear of my 93 straight axle swapped truck. If you can put up with the clicking while coasting around turns and the occasional jerks and pops from it locking up then go for it. Pretty straight forward when following the directions to install it yourself as well.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:07 PM   #11
I think I could deal with it. Even when going to a dirt biking destination sucks getting stuck on wet grass with a mild grade in the terrain
Old 01-19-2015, 02:42 PM   #12
Clearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Billy
Clearwater Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think I could deal with it. Even when going to a dirt biking destination sucks getting stuck on wet grass with a mild grade in the terrain
What kind of tires are on it, and their condition?
Old 01-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #13
Cooper sst... Regardless I'm want to lock up wheels and the question is for anyone that has had experience install a lunchbox in their truck