Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4 cyl expedition builds?

Old 01-17-2015, 06:56 PM   #1
kpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kurtis
kpla51's Tacoma Gallery
4 cyl expedition builds?

anyone have pictures of there 2.7l expedition builds? want to go that route with mine but need some ideas.

Do you guys think the 2.7 has enough power for armor and gear?
Old 01-17-2015, 07:34 PM   #2
Wheeler in Training
Speedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedytech7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zane
Speedytech7's Tacoma Gallery
I have a mighty 4cyl, it certainly isn't a powerhouse. That said, because most offroading is slow you should have no issue, just re-gear it to give it a hand on the highways. I am slowly going that route. Here is a picture with my lift, minus the new lights and bumper paint I just finished doing.

I'll go grab a couple of current images when the rain here lets up.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
There's quite a few
Old 01-17-2015, 07:46 PM   #4
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
I'm leaning that way, bed storage and rack part 1 installed.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:29 PM   #5
kodiakisland is on a distinguished road
Army:
kodiakisland's Tacoma Gallery
The 4 cylinders are plenty. The problem is the gearing. They are geared for top end, better gas mileage. I know a regear is in my future. Just putting it off until I do a few more mods to warrant it. It is expensive.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:41 PM   #6
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Different folks have different things in mind with "expedition" builds.

But my truck certainly has a fair weight of armor and tools and hauls it around with grace if not with blinding speed.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ver-build.html
Old 01-17-2015, 11:36 PM   #7
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Here are two of my faves

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...land-taco.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...oma-build.html
Old 01-18-2015, 06:27 AM   #8
kpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
kpla51's Tacoma Gallery
Norths build is so awesome. I want to get the fake trd deadlocks for looks but I doubt they have any advantage over my stock steelies for an expo build.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:28 AM   #9
Army:
kpla51's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Different folks have different things in mind with "expedition" builds.

But my truck certainly has a fair weight of armor and tools and hauls it around with grace if not with blinding speed.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ver-build.html
Nice build! Mine will be a daily driver too so you're build will be inspiring.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:51 AM   #10
2stroketrush is a name known to all2stroketrush is a name known to all2stroketrush is a name known to all2stroketrush is a name known to all2stroketrush is a name known to all2stroketrush is a name known to all

EMS:
Name: Tyler Addison Rush III
2stroketrush's Tacoma Gallery
My 2.7 has been on a few expeditions over the years, changed mods multiple times and more recently to accommodate long term trips on a self sufficient base. 170k and like most everyone, a re-gear is also in the plan.

Most recent pictures:
Old 01-20-2015, 08:58 PM   #11
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my attempt. Currently rebuilding this slide in

Old 01-21-2015, 07:31 PM   #12
Army:
kpla51's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
Here's my attempt. Currently rebuilding this slide in

That would be a sweet camping rig! Even has AC! Plus you have your dog to drive you around haha.