Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Please Please Please check...

Old 01-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
MGtaco2.7 is on a distinguished road
MGtaco2.7's Tacoma Gallery
Please Please Please check...

Bought a 2012 "Certified " taco with 40,000 miles. Not sure if anything was kept up in the past i decided to change all the fluids and go from there. First order was to change the oil. Up on trying to find the correct socket to take the bolt out, as i crawled under the truck to check the size and what do i see????.... The fuc@$!#! $$! drain bolt was half out and dripping oil. I did pull the dipstick while i was checking her all over before the test drive and it was almost on the full mark and looked pretty good. You better believe i will be calling NO i will be going to the dealer tomorrow and i will be talking directly to the service manager AND a call directly to toyota. According to carfax my taco was serviced WITH an oil change 1 mo before i bought it. Needless to say im HOT!!!!!
Old 01-24-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
MGtaco2.7 is on a distinguished road
MGtaco2.7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGtaco2.7 View Post
Bought a 2012 "Certified " taco with 40,000 miles. Not sure if anything was kept up in the past i decided to change all the fluids and go from there. First order was to change the oil. Up on trying to find the correct socket to take the bolt out, as i crawled under the truck to check the size and what do i see????.... The fuc@$!#! $$! drain bolt was half out and dripping oil. I did pull the dipstick while i was checking her all over before the test drive and it was almost on the full mark and looked pretty good. You better believe i will be calling NO i will be going to the dealer tomorrow and i will be talking directly to the service manager AND a call directly to toyota. According to carfax my taco was serviced WITH an oil change 1 mo before i bought it. Needless to say im HOT!!!!!
Must include that service was done at that dealership
Old 01-24-2015, 04:38 PM   #3
kpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkpla51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kurtis
kpla51's Tacoma Gallery
Once upon a time bout a truck and drove home smelled like burning oil. Crawled under and the damn oil filter was half off dripping oil onto my exhaust. I feel your pain let them know your frustration but be tactful about it. You might get something back. For me they cut me a check for 800 bucks.