Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Squeaking clutch pedal and a/c belts ?!

Old 08-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #21
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
There's a nut underneath a metal bar on a rod that connects to the clutch pedal on the inside of the truck My 09 started having a squeaky clutch on the inside, and hand-tightening this nut fixed it. Something you might want to try.
I HAD a squeaky clutch. But now its GONE! I did this yesterday, I have not heard the squeak since. I will see how long it goes before the squeak comes back. Here is a link from TN post #7. Here is an image from the site.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #23
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
giving it a shot tonight! Thanks for the info and link!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #24
Raven65 is a jewel in the roughRaven65 is a jewel in the roughRaven65 is a jewel in the rough

Raven65's Tacoma Gallery
It's a fix, but a temporary one. It'll come back - and you can just do this again to get rid of it... temporarily again. It's a poor design that people have been complaining about for over a DECADE and Toyota is still cranking this same POS pedal design out every day. The service dept. will gladly install a new pedal assembly for you (for nearly $500) and it will eventually do the exact same thing. I mean REALLY? How much would it cost them to fix this? Fine... add $10 to the cost of the truck if they must - but FIX IT! Stuff like this - problems that they are totally aware of but choose to ignore - REALLY turns me off to Toyota.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:46 AM   #25
benthegoodman is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: OCVFD
Name: Ben
benthegoodman's Tacoma Gallery
Yea this is crap....Toyota has definitely dropped the ball on this one. If it's a known problem, Toyota really should provide a permanent fix instead of this "just replace it" attitude. My truck is an '07 with 60k miles - no warranty left. Guess I'm screwed.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #26
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
I mean, a little loctite and tightening that nut, and the squeak never came back for me...
Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #27
benthegoodman is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: OCVFD
Name: Ben
benthegoodman's Tacoma Gallery
I tried tightening the nut, but didn't use Loctite....maybe you have something there.

Sorry, I have now stepped off the soapbox.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #28
seth the rednek is on a distinguished road
Name: Seth
seth the rednek's Tacoma Gallery
i get the same diesel sound when i take of to in my 2.7 SQUEELS horably its the worst noses ever
Old 07-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #29
ky taco
chopper is on a distinguished road

Name: chop
chopper's Tacoma Gallery
Mine does the same stuff. I just want to rip it out and get automatic driving crazy
Old 07-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #30
ky taco
chopper is on a distinguished road

Name: chop
chopper's Tacoma Gallery
Same stuff here I just want to rip it out
Old 08-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #31
AZ Tacoma
JMart550 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
JMart550's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Quick fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
I HAD a squeaky clutch. But now its GONE! I did this yesterday, I have not heard the squeak since. I will see how long it goes before the squeak comes back. Here is a link from TN post #7. Here is an image from the site.

Turning that square end of the cylinder rod 1/4 turn and then back to a stop was a quick fix for me! Was squeaking every day after work, ~110 degrees outside..

Old 08-03-2010, 12:07 PM   #32
tubesock has a spectacular aura abouttubesock has a spectacular aura about
tubesock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC0MA View Post
I have the same problem on my 07 2.7L (105000 miles), it squeaks on clutch depression. Also, when my AC is on, I get a rattling noise. But when I push the clutch in, the noise goes away .........possible slave cylinder problem? Who knows...........
I get that AC-Clutch rattling thing with my 2010 2.7L with 3k miles. At idle, the AC makes the engine sound like its toiling under an oppressive load until i press the clutch down and then it sounds fine. Clutch creaks sometimes too, i'm pretty sure its the pedal doing it. I'll bitch about it when i go to the dealer for my free oil change and see if they tell me its normal.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #33
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
glad to see this thread, i just bought a 97 t100 last week and it squaks too .... no problems with the a/c though
Old 11-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #34
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Marines: 3rd Force Reconnaissance Company
Name: Andrew
ikillterrorists's Tacoma Gallery
Turning the shaft does make it go away...for about 10 miles! Pissing me off!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #35
ikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud ofikillterrorists has much to be proud of

Marines: 3rd Force Reconnaissance Company
Name: Andrew
ikillterrorists's Tacoma Gallery
And the Toyota service turds never do anything about it!
Old 08-31-2012, 04:56 AM   #36
nothinlikeayota is on a distinguished road
Name: Jared
nothinlikeayota's Tacoma Gallery
If the squeak is heard when the clutch is not engaged it may also be the throw out bearing. I have an 05 6 speed so not sure if its the same for you 4 banger fellas. I had a throw bearing sleeve from URD put on at my local shop that fixed it right up. From my understanding it rattles/squeaks because the metals used in the bearing are different from the other mechanics of the throw out area of the clutch, something about one being softer than the other thus causing the noise??? (I'm no mechanic so bare with me there)

^food for thought^
Old 08-31-2012, 04:58 AM   #37
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothinlikeayota View Post
If the squeak is heard when the clutch is not engaged it may also be the throw out bearing. I have an 05 6 speed so not sure if its the same for you 4 banger fellas. I had a throw bearing sleeve from URD put on at my local shop that fixed it right up. From my understanding it rattles/squeaks because the metals used in the bearing are different from the other mechanics of the throw out area of the clutch, something about one being softer than the other thus causing the noise??? (I'm no mechanic so bare with me there)

^food for thought^
Pilot shaft is aluminum in the six speeds, bearing is steel. When the bearing goes, it wears grooves in. You can replace the bearing, but the shaft is still messed up (permanently).

The URD pilot shaft condom is a steel liner that fits over it, and you use a larger bearing. Steel-on-steel, no grooves etched, no problemo. As I understand it, anyway.

The 5-speed in 2.7L trucks has steel to begin with, so this doesn't apply.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:25 AM   #39
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to interject something here. You really should not get pissed off at the dealers, or the techs over this. They are only authorized to do so much by the manufacturer. These dealerships are a franchise, not owned with full rights. As long as that sign says "Toyota" they have to follow the rules. So if Toyota says "fix it this way" it has to be done that way. Techs are paid commission, not hourly, so an unauthorized repair could mean that a tech doesn't get paid. I am sure the techs out there know of the problem, and know it sucks. I have seen my fair share of WTF with GM when I was working with them, but I have to tell the car owners that my hands are tied and there is nothing that I can do.
Sure, there is a way to get it fixed, and Toyota is to blame for not getting it done, but don't blame the techs who work there.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #40
03TacoWJB is on a distinguished road
03TacoWJB's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know about a squeak/sqeal that started on my 2003 with 100000 miles when I push the ac on it quits but there's like a dart header breathing noise happening everyonce in a while and when I turn it off the squeak comes right back