Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Squeaking clutch pedal and a/c belts ?!

Old 06-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

BluTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Squeaking clutch pedal and a/c belts ?!

Just recently I've noticed that my clutch pedal is making a squeaking noise when compressed..almost like it needs fluid or something. I checked all those and everything checks out okay. Also, when releasing the pedal back out there's a creaking noise..almost like rubber skidding. At first I thought it was my shoes but it still does it barefoot.

I've also noticed that my a/c is becoming quite noisy. There's a squeaking coming from the a/c when in use (outside the truck). I'm assuming it's a belt or something but need some help with as well. It also squeaks when I turn the truck off.

I've got an 08 5-sp 4 cyl. with 19k on it. I don't really drive it that hard. I'm open to any suggestions before I take it to the dealer..it's under warranty still but I don't want to get joshed around down there. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You still under warrantee? Take it to the dealer and let them fix it.

The clutch squeek - although I'm not familiar with the newer trucks.... the 1st generation trucks were notorious for clutch pedal squeeks. There was a tiny little bushing that kept wearing. I changed my clutch pedal bushing on my 96 tacoma about 3x in 5 years. Damn Toyota didn't fix that yet?
Old 06-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Damn Toyota didn't fix that yet?
There is in fact a TSB for this
Old 06-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
There is in fact a TSB for this
There's always been a TSB for it....and people still complain that it doesn't fix it. Good Lord...it's been 12 years this issue has been around. That's pretty bad.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
There's always been a TSB for it....and people still complain that it doesn't fix it. Good Lord...it's been 12 years this issue has been around. That's pretty bad.
haha ya I was going to get it done before my warrenty expires but from what I read nothing seems to help for sure LOL
Old 06-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
efmugen will become famous soon enough

efmugen's Tacoma Gallery
I was at Toyota yesterday for the same issue, I got quoted $483.00 to replace the entire pedal assembly, I would have that looked at if ur still under warranty
Old 06-16-2009, 07:22 PM   #7
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
my buddy's 99 does the same thing and we cant figure out what it is
Old 06-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #8
SYC TACO
VixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shedVixTacom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Victor
VixTacom's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to VixTacom
Clutch Sqweek

Mine does the same thing.. the pedal sqeakes wen pushed on and when released. i just got my tranny serviced and they replaced the actual bearing itself. these trucks are notorious for having the pedal squeak. as for the a/c belts are you sure that it isn't your pwr steering pump pully? My belts squeak but, its the actual pully which i gotta replace
Old 06-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #9
john.308 is on a distinguished road
john.308's Tacoma Gallery
Same here. That squeak annoys the hell out of me. Its f**kin loud
Old 06-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #10
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Mine's had the tsb done and it still squeaks. I hear mine squeak outside of the truck too. I think that may be another issue than the pedal.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #11
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
These clutch pedals are of piss poor design. My pedal has squeaked from just about day one and there is not a damn thing the dealer has/can do to prevent it from squeaking for over 3k miles. If there is one thing that really pisses me off about my truck, it would be this. Nothing like making you feel good when you get into your new truck, depress the clutch pedal, and you are welcomed with a squeak so loud that it can be heard from 15 feet outside the truck...
Old 06-17-2009, 04:09 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
There's actually two different clutch squeeks.

The clutch pedal squeek - squeeks/squeels when you push the clutch in & out.

The throw-out bearing squeek - squeeks when the truck is sitting idle (or running) without the clutch being engaged.

For you 1st gen guys - here's a writeup on how to change the clutch pedal bushing. This is on 96 3.4L.
http://www.lieblweb.com/tacoma/Mecha...tchBushing.htm
This is not a permanent fix and it might last a year before having to do it again depending on your truck. The bushing itself is tiny and it's cheap. You get it at the dealer.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #13
mdbrjb is on a distinguished road
mdbrjb's Tacoma Gallery
Another couple of places that can squeak.

I attached a couple of files. One is to lube the rubber boot over the slave cylinder and the other is the lube points for the clutch fork.
Attached Thumbnails
Squeaking clutch pedal and a/c belts ?!-498878-clutch-fork-lubrication-points.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 029002.pdf (69.2 KB, 160 views)
Old 07-02-2009, 05:02 AM   #14
Soul is on a distinguished road

Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluTaco08 View Post
Just recently I've noticed that my clutch pedal is making a squeaking noise when compressed..almost like it needs fluid or something. I checked all those and everything checks out okay. Also, when releasing the pedal back out there's a creaking noise..almost like rubber skidding. At first I thought it was my shoes but it still does it barefoot.

I've also noticed that my a/c is becoming quite noisy. There's a squeaking coming from the a/c when in use (outside the truck). I'm assuming it's a belt or something but need some help with as well. It also squeaks when I turn the truck off.

I've got an 08 5-sp 4 cyl. with 19k on it. I don't really drive it that hard. I'm open to any suggestions before I take it to the dealer..it's under warranty still but I don't want to get joshed around down there. Any help is much appreciated.
We have the same and I got my clutch pedal replaced. It squeak when compressed and uncompressed. No Ac problem though.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #15
Texican
UA34 has much to be proud ofUA34 has much to be proud ofUA34 has much to be proud ofUA34 has much to be proud ofUA34 has much to be proud ofUA34 has much to be proud ofUA34 has much to be proud ofUA34 has much to be proud ofUA34 has much to be proud of

UA34's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same prob with the clutch....... squeaks... also when i let go of my cluch i get this noise that makes my truck sound like a Heavy Duty Diesel......... my clutch plate????
Old 07-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #16
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
There's a nut underneath a metal bar on a rod that connects to the clutch pedal on the inside of the truck My 09 started having a squeaky clutch on the inside, and hand-tightening this nut fixed it. Something you might want to try.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #17
TAC0MA is on a distinguished road

Name: Garrett
TAC0MA's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same problem on my 07 2.7L (105000 miles), it squeaks on clutch depression. Also, when my AC is on, I get a rattling noise. But when I push the clutch in, the noise goes away .........possible slave cylinder problem? Who knows...........
Old 08-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #18
Terrier is on a distinguished road
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
UA34 and TACOMA, I have what appears to be the same sound that goes away when you press on the clutch and comes back when you let out the clutch, all while in neutral. There is a thread going in 2nd generation Tacomas about this called "Rattling type noise (Diesel sound)". It appears to be a common occurence.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #20
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
is this TSB only for manual trucks?