1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4 Banger exhaust/muffler

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by bboynowee, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Jul 11, 2009 at 7:48 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    yes its true how the intake acts more like a true CAI. the header/ exhaust combo, could maybe work on a bigger engine than the 2.7 but you may be correct. i need to recheck my facts

2. Jul 12, 2009 at 11:35 AM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    Please do, I am considering upgrading the exhaust but I would like to know if it improves anything other then just make it sound deeper. I would love it to sounds deeper but I am not willing to loose any horse power over it. It would be nice to find out just what needs to be done to get the best performance out of the 2.7. Have you notice any difference with your Jardine cat back.

3. Jul 12, 2009 at 8:29 PM
    beastlytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    my jardine. oh yeah. with the combo of the exhaust and the drop in filter and removal of secondary filter, i have lowered my idel RPMs to about 650 when in neutral. and mind you this is on the 2008 2.7L tacoma. it even is more responsive at the throttle. and you can hear the engine down shifting when i go 30 mph and take my foot off the gas

4. Jul 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM
    beastlytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    ok heres the rundown. the Flowmaster exhausts are a baffled exhaust. and they are actually more restrictive towards the engine. and chris also says that they can actually screw up the scavenging of the enigne. flowmaster exhausts are more designed for sound than actual performance. so on the issue of headers. look for either a muffler or a complete kit on the 2.7 engine to give you better power with the headers.

Products Discussed in

To Top