5 lug Readylift (69-5510)

Old 08-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
alextdunn is on a distinguished road
Name: alex
alextdunn's Tacoma Gallery
i just got mine for my 05 it is in the mail hope to have it in next week
Old 08-07-2009, 05:50 AM   #3
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
I pose this question because I have tried installing this kit on my '06. But it was not working. The upper control arms was rubbing on the bottom part of the struts. I did a quick browse around TW to see if there were any issues installing this kit on the 2006s. From what I have seen, this kit has been installed on an '05, '07, and '09.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
TIM GAINOUS is on a distinguished road

TIM GAINOUS's Tacoma Gallery
Wtf? 05 06 07 08 09 are suposed to be the same. Did you take the sway bar link out all the way? Itll come apart w/o doin that but it'll never go back together. You hafta take everything off that it says in instructions. Sway bar is only thing i can think of. I did mine 2 mos ago and didnt have any issues except i hadda put it on the ground to compress it enough to get the brake hoses bolted on. Lemme know what you figure out
Old 08-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM GAINOUS View Post
Wtf? 05 06 07 08 09 are suposed to be the same. Did you take the sway bar link out all the way? Itll come apart w/o doin that but it'll never go back together. You hafta take everything off that it says in instructions. Sway bar is only thing i can think of. I did mine 2 mos ago and didnt have any issues except i hadda put it on the ground to compress it enough to get the brake hoses bolted on. Lemme know what you figure out

That may have been my problem. It was frustrating. I will be taking it to a mechanic and have them install it. I will have them put on my wheel & tire combo as well. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
TIM GAINOUS is on a distinguished road

TIM GAINOUS's Tacoma Gallery
as always post pics!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
what are all the tools needed to install? i have almost no inventory so i want to know what i need?
Old 08-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
Who needs 4WD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
what are all the tools needed to install? i have almost no inventory so i want to know what i need?
Install is easy! Tools I used:
  • floor jack and 2 jack stands
  • Metric sockets - deep sockets preferably
  • wrench - I had a torque wrench
  • 2 clamps
Old 09-30-2009, 06:33 PM   #10
Habitual line-stepper
elevin is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
elevin's Tacoma Gallery
Search my posts...I have an '08 Access Cab 2.7 with the same lift, and was having your same problem.... the imbeciles who installed my lift had the coilovers reinstalled 120 degrees off.... crunching my ft brake lines between the a-arms & bump stop. I got it fixed+ added the cheap 8 dollar spacers on the ft, and barely rub with big wheels and tires now. What you will rub is the sway bar.. I wouldn't worry about it, it only happens on a full lock u turn. I am gonna rock bigger spacers which should completely stop any rubbing, and eliminate any need for cutting/sway bar removal/relocation. The Readylift kit is nice, I drive 60 miles a day to work at 70 mph+ with no problems, don't need TSB now (ass used to sag bad with just a 200lb friend in back, not now!)

My question to you... If you find a nice CNC'ed 1"+ spacer available for 5 luggers, please post/PM me.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:14 PM   #11
Who needs 4WD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevin View Post
Search my posts...I have an '08 Access Cab 2.7 with the same lift, and was having your same problem.... the imbeciles who installed my lift had the coilovers reinstalled 120 degrees off.... crunching my ft brake lines between the a-arms & bump stop. I got it fixed+ added the cheap 8 dollar spacers on the ft, and barely rub with big wheels and tires now. What you will rub is the sway bar.. I wouldn't worry about it, it only happens on a full lock u turn. I am gonna rock bigger spacers which should completely stop any rubbing, and eliminate any need for cutting/sway bar removal/relocation. The Readylift kit is nice, I drive 60 miles a day to work at 70 mph+ with no problems, don't need TSB now (ass used to sag bad with just a 200lb friend in back, not now!)

My question to you... If you find a nice CNC'ed 1"+ spacer available for 5 luggers, please post/PM me.
I was able to install the lift myself with the help of a friend. It was difficult to rotate the top plate, but we manage to get it. My issue when I installed it was not removing the sway bar link, I thought I could do the install without removing it. Once I got this off it was smooth sailing from there. I have no rubbing at all, not even with 31x10.5 BFGoodrich.