Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Possibility for a deck plate mod on 2nd gen taco air box.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
Mike_Sem is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Mike_Sem's Tacoma Gallery
Possibility for a deck plate mod on 2nd gen taco air box.

So I joined yesterday because I was sure that I could get some handy dandy info from tacoma enthusiasts like myself, the only thing is I don't know much.

Thanks to all who helped me out with some intake solutions. Just took out my secondary filter today and while working on that I wanted to see if there was a possibility to do the deck plate mod on my second gen airbox.

It may require some precision work and a steady hand but I think I can be done and I plan to attempt it as soon as possible.

There's this 4" circle right there that, in my mind, is saying "you can cut me out and put a deck plate in. I'm sure that a 3" deck plate will work easy but I also think a 4" one will work too, and sure, I'm gonna have to cut over that bump too but I think its doable.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Or has anyone attempted the deck plate mod on their 2nd gen and failed and advises me not to do it?
Old 08-10-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
the box being curved and the bump will cause the problems, the deck plates to my knowledge are hard plastic.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Sem View Post
So I joined yesterday because I was sure that I could get some handy dandy info from tacoma enthusiasts like myself, the only thing is I don't know much.

Thanks to all who helped me out with some intake solutions. Just took out my secondary filter today and while working on that I wanted to see if there was a possibility to do the deck plate mod on my second gen airbox.

It may require some precision work and a steady hand but I think I can be done and I plan to attempt it as soon as possible.

There's this 4" circle right there that, in my mind, is saying "you can cut me out and put a deck plate in. I'm sure that a 3" deck plate will work easy but I also think a 4" one will work too, and sure, I'm gonna have to cut over that bump too but I think its doable.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Or has anyone attempted the deck plate mod on their 2nd gen and failed and advises me not to do it?

Anything is possible. I will follow this thread and see how you work the deck plate MOD. If you do it, do a write up! Good luck!
Old 08-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
Mike_Sem is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
Mike_Sem's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I know that a few things are going to get in the way of the whole thing but I'm stubborn. And I'm pretty good at troubleshooting.

Still gonna attempt to do this. I bought the silicone and the pan head screws but I don't have any boating stores near by so I had to buy the deck plate from an online distributor. That should come in 3-4 days and I'll attempt to do this during the upcoming weekend.