Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Compared to TJ/Wrangler

Old 08-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #41
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
good point , we'll be known as the taco'ban thread-jackers if were not careful.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:15 AM   #42
"The Fuzz"
shook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really niceshook0002 is just really nice

Name: Joe
shook0002's Tacoma Gallery
Heres one for ya. I traded in my '05 Wrangler for a '06 Ranger x-cab 4x4. Then traded in my '06 Ranger for my '08 Tacoma double cab. So I have experience with all 3. Its funny because all 3 had 4.0's. My Tacoma, in my opinion, is the best out of all 3. The Tacoma is quicker, roomier, rides smoother, I can fit my whole family in it, throw stuff in the bed, tow cars on the dolly. It does everything I need it to do without a problem. I usually get tired of cars and trade them in, but not this time i found the perfect truck for me. I'll drive it forever.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #43
Gonzoso is on a distinguished road

Name: Keith
Gonzoso's Tacoma Gallery
It's been a Long Time but I just bought a 2000 Tacoma 2.7l 4wd 5 speed yesterday with 85k on it for 6,400$

I'm giddy and loving this truck!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #44
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzoso View Post
It's been a Long Time but I just bought a 2000 Tacoma 2.7l 4wd 5 speed yesterday with 85k on it for 6,400$

Congrats man! Post pics of the new truck!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #45
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the update. Now sit back and watch the fun as folks jump in answering the original question without reading to the end first.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #46
radioactivemint is on a distinguished road
Name: John
radioactivemint's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations on the truck!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #47

Gonzoso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Congrats man! Post pics of the new truck!

This is a crappy cell phone pic I took right after a brutal rain storm we had here in PA yesterday.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #49
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This is a crappy cell phone pic I took right after a brutal rain storm we had here in PA yesterday.
Truck looks really clean, love the red!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #50
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Truck looks really clean, love the red!
x2 That is one good lookin' Tacoma! Looks way clean and the red looks amazing. Good choice OP!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #51
Nightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Evan
Nightfury's Tacoma Gallery
Sharp lookin' truck man. Hope you treat it as well as it will treat you.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:04 AM   #52
jking3002 is on a distinguished road

Army: USAG Fort Knox
Name: Jonathan
jking3002's Tacoma Gallery
GREAT PRICE TOO, OP! You get that off an old person or what? Do tell!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #53
Fast1 is on a distinguished road
Fast1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You got a great deal.. I got $11,400 for my 2000 due to frame rail rust in mid 2009 and it had 195K on it.

here it is on the rack getting inspected for frame rail rust.

I now have a 2006 2.7L and the differences are:
2000 was better offroad in tight trails
06 gets better fuel economy by at least 2-3 mpg
06 has more interior room, is quieter, and rides better
06 has better performance in rolling hills or steep grades in the mountains

Still I'd take that 2000 back in a flash. Was the best vehicle I've owned and was very inexpensive to operate for the first 200K miles.

new and old

06 with some changes from the 1st day I owned it.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:45 AM   #54
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
It just really depends on what you do with it. Whats your daily commute like? Do you trail at all? or hunt? or tow stuff.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #55
frog13 is on a distinguished road
frog13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

DAMN that's sharp!!!....good catch!.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #56

Gonzoso's Tacoma Gallery
I just washed and waxed it.

I've never had a vehicle this clean, black, and rust free!

Old 05-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #57
Turp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud of
Firefighter: Operations: Fire, Technical Rescue, EMS
Turp's Tacoma Gallery
Enjoy the Yota. I have a 92 Wrangler 4.0. It's pretty quick, but I find myself enjoying my Taco just a s much if not more as daily driver. The Jeep is fun, especially topless, but gets to be a drag sometimes as a everyyday driver.