LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

deal or no deal 4 cyl auto

Old 08-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #1
jonnyt is on a distinguished road
jonnyt's Tacoma Gallery
deal or no deal 4 cyl auto

I'm about to buy an 07 access cab 2wd 4 cyl 45k auto I havent test driven it yet, initially I was looking for a 5 or 6 speed but found this one and managed to get the guy down to 9k, but Im kinda hessitant about the 4cyl+auto trans combo, Im currently driving a 97 4.3 blazer, I'm wondering if its gonna b tad slow compared to my blazer (wich isnt very fast). Does anybody have experience with these type of trucks? I'll appreciate any input
thanks
Old 08-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
idk 9k for a 2wd access cab...its up to you does it have the 2.4 or 2.7l engine?
Old 08-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
NixXR462 will become famous soon enough
NixXR462's Tacoma Gallery
Dont get that weak sauce. If you're going to get a 2wd access cab get a X-Runner!! Or get that its whatever you want.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
If it's a 2007, it will have the 2.7. 159hp and 181 lbs of torque. That's less power than the 4.3 Blazer, but the Tacoma will weigh less, so it might be a wash on speed.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
No deal. I agreed with 462, it's weak.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
deal, who cares if its a auto 4 cyl that is a great price for a truck that is going to last you many years to come. Yeah in the perfect world you should buy a double cab trd package 4x4 but not everyone can afford that. It will be a much better upgrade than your blazer.

ps. I drove a 5 lug 4 banger auto for 2 days while they serviced my truck and I was impressed with the auto/4 combo.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niknaq View Post
deal, who cares if its a auto 4 cyl that is a great price for a truck that is going to last you many years to come. Yeah in the perfect world you should buy a double cab trd package 4x4 but not everyone can afford that. It will be a much better upgrade than your blazer.
fair n'ought..
Old 08-19-2009, 04:43 AM   #8
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
you might die trying to get on the freeway

the 2.7s with the 5 speed is slow enough....don't even gen me started on the autos...esp if your gonna get an access cab.

but don't get me wrong its a hella good truck your just not gonna get going anywhere in a hurry.

but you'll get pretty decent mileage at least
Old 08-19-2009, 04:46 AM   #9
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAC3TACO View Post
If it's a 2007, it will have the 2.7. 159hp and 181 lbs of torque. That's less power than the 4.3 Blazer, but the Tacoma will weigh less, so it might be a wash on speed.
blazers are however....not the fastest things on the road....so it might now be too bad for you

i went from driving my dad's 4.0 pre runner.....to the 4 banger...so yeah...

but the 2tr is a solid motor and it has its charm...

at higher speeds its actually pretty decent...suprisingly....it has pull for a 4 banger after 60...
Old 08-19-2009, 05:53 AM   #10
06dak will become famous soon enough06dak will become famous soon enough
06dak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
you might die trying to get on the freeway

the 2.7s with the 5 speed is slow enough....don't even gen me started on the autos...esp if your gonna get an access cab.

but don't get me wrong its a hella good truck your just not gonna get going anywhere in a hurry.

but you'll get pretty decent mileage at least
Which 2.7 5 speed do you think is slow? I drove both a 5 lug 5spd and my PreRunner and there was a world of difference - since they're geared way different (remember the 5 lug 5 speed has a economy friendly 3.31 rear end, the PR has a fun friendly 4.10). I also test drove a 2.7 auto AC and found it to have good power. The rear end is a 3.51 or something that makes it better to drive around town. Not sure about the e-way though, didn't get it out there when I took a test drive.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:25 AM   #12
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyt View Post
I'm about to buy an 07 access cab 2wd 4 cyl 45k auto I havent test driven it yet, initially I was looking for a 5 or 6 speed but found this one and managed to get the guy down to 9k, but Im kinda hessitant about the 4cyl+auto trans combo, Im currently driving a 97 4.3 blazer, I'm wondering if its gonna b tad slow compared to my blazer (wich isnt very fast). Does anybody have experience with these type of trucks? I'll appreciate any input
thanks
IDK, I got my 2006 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4 in January for 12K. That was an exceptional price, due to a great negotiating situation though (cash in hand, 2 dealers with exact same truck).
Old 08-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #13
life's a conspiracy
Illuminaut is a glorious beacon of lightIlluminaut is a glorious beacon of lightIlluminaut is a glorious beacon of lightIlluminaut is a glorious beacon of lightIlluminaut is a glorious beacon of light

Illuminaut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyt View Post
thanks
Drive it, dude... How else are you really going to know until you drive it?

If you like it and it shifts well, don't forget to check the auto tranny fluid before you buy...(I'm just sayin')...
Old 08-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #14

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06dak View Post
Which 2.7 5 speed do you think is slow? I drove both a 5 lug 5spd and my PreRunner and there was a world of difference - since they're geared way different (remember the 5 lug 5 speed has a economy friendly 3.31 rear end, the PR has a fun friendly 4.10). I also test drove a 2.7 auto AC and found it to have good power. The rear end is a 3.51 or something that makes it better to drive around town. Not sure about the e-way though, didn't get it out there when I took a test drive.
yep i have the 5 lug....3.31 haha...plus i have rims...so it's pretty damn anemic...
Old 09-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #16
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
If you are just driving from A to B then the 4cyl & AT combination will serve you just fine and you will not die trying to merge onto the freeway. I have this setup and it moves quickly once the rpms spool up, but that's not where I spend most of my time so it does not matter. If you're worried about being slow then you need the v6 anyway, or just get a sports car. Pickups are utility vehicles, which does not mean they need to be slow but just remember their purpose.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #17

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGXR View Post
If you are just driving from A to B then the 4cyl & AT combination will serve you just fine and you will not die trying to merge onto the freeway. I have this setup and it moves quickly once the rpms spool up, but that's not where I spend most of my time so it does not matter. If you're worried about being slow then you need the v6 anyway, or just get a sports car. Pickups are utility vehicles, which does not mean they need to be slow but just remember their purpose.
im poor and i need to carry stuff. sports car=no
Old 09-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #18
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2.7L (3.51 ratio) AT its better than the Ranger 3.0L V6 (3.73 ratio) AT I had before, but if you use to drive a 4.3L you will feel power loss, I've driven Blazers and S10 with 4.3Ls they have more power for sure than the 2.7L, but as mentioned before the 2.7L is a great engine and you won't get much if any, problem from it for a long time. I use mine for college and driving around in the weekend, the engine has plenty power for me, most roads here are 45mph tops, except the highway which is 65 and which I rarely use, I've been very happy with it specially with the suspension my Ranger gave me so much back-pains it was incredible, it was like it had bricks for shocks. The 4cyl Taco is perfect for my current needs.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #19
06dak will become famous soon enough06dak will become famous soon enough
06dak's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing based on this post being a month old and he didn't post again he decided to pass...
Old 09-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #20
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
lol I guess