Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Bucket seats in a 07 regular cab?

Old 08-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
TAC0MA is on a distinguished road

Name: Garrett
TAC0MA's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Bucket seats in a 07 regular cab?

Hey guys,

New member here, so I dont know if this question has been asked.

Has anyone ever put bucket seats in a 07 regular cab? I drive about 250 miles a day and the stock bench seat is horribly uncomfortable!!! I dont know if a stock access/crew cab bucket seat will bolt right in, or if there are any good after market seats / brackets out there. Any suggestions or pictures of mods would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC0MA View Post
Hey guys,

New member here, so I dont know if this question has been asked.

Has anyone ever put bucket seats in a 07 regular cab? I drive about 250 miles a day and the stock bench seat is horribly uncomfortable!!! I dont know if a stock access/crew cab bucket seat will bolt right in, or if there are any good after market seats / brackets out there. Any suggestions or pictures of mods would be greatly appreciated!
I dont have an answer but WELCOME TO TW!

250 miles a day is alot! whats ur job?
Old 08-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #3

TAC0MA's Tacoma Gallery
Red face

-deadbolt
Yeah, 250 a day! I bought the truck new 2 years ago and Ive got 120K miles on it now. Its a VERY reliable truck, no complaints (other than the seat!) Im a contractor, my truck is my office. I practically live out of it!! Most of my work is in the city, and I live down in the sticks, so I drive were the money is at!! Just wish it was more comfortable!
Thanks for the welcome!
Old 08-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
-deadbolt
Yeah, 250 a day! I bought the truck new 2 years ago and Ive got 120K miles on it now. Its a VERY reliable truck, no complaints (other than the seat!) Im a contractor, my truck is my office. I practically live out of it!! Most of my work is in the city, and I live down in the sticks, so I drive were the money is at!! Just wish it was more comfortable!
Thanks for the welcome!
Very nice!! Im sure someone on here will be able to help you out.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:36 PM   #5

TAC0MA's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks bro!
Old 08-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
Rocking your mom's world Since 1997
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
The bench seat blows. I swapped mine out, and it was fairly straight forward and easy. I got some seats from an access cab at an auto recycler. Also I think MJP2 might still be trying to sell his.

All the holes were there already, I just had to cut small squares out of the carpet and punch through the thin plastic cover that's on them to keep the cab sealed. I Got the other 4 bolts and washers from the hardware store. The hardest part was taking the airbag electronics out of the bench seat and installing them in the buckets and even that only took a few hours. A job easily completed in a weekend.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #7
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post
The bench seat blows. I swapped mine out, and it was fairly straight forward and easy. I got some seats from an access cab at an auto recycler. Also I think MJP2 might still be trying to sell his.

All the holes were there already, I just had to cut small squares out of the carpet and punch through the thin plastic cover that's on them to keep the cab sealed. I Got the other 4 bolts and washers from the hardware store. The hardest part was taking the airbag electronics out of the bench seat and installing them in the buckets and even that only took a few hours. A job easily completed in a weekend.
how much u pay for your seats...looking to get this done soon lol
Old 08-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #8
drew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrew02a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
how much u pay for your seats...looking to get this done soon lol
I think they were around $200. I got them from LKQ. They'll ship for free to the location nearest you, but you may be SOL in Hawaii. Give them a call, to check if they have what you're looking for because their online inventory isn't always up to date.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #10

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
oh i think i might just go to a junkyard haha the nearest one is in california....but yeah i'll keep the price in mind tho...so i don't get to ripped off haha
I've heard of people paying twice what I did for seats in perfect condition. Mine have a little rust on the metal rails, but the fabric was in good shape. You can find picks of the seats installed and get an idea of what to do with the bench seat in my build thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...uth-texas.html
Old 08-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #11
arod is on a distinguished road
Name: tony
arod's Tacoma Gallery
Hey what's up guys? I don't know if it helps any but my 07 reg cab prerunner has bucket seats. : )
Old 08-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #12

TAC0MA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew02a View Post

Thanks for this info, im gonna look into doing this asap!
One other question, do the bucket seats recline further back than the bench seat? That is my biggest problem, I sit too straight up. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #13

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for this info, im gonna look into doing this asap!
One other question, do the bucket seats recline further back than the bench seat? That is my biggest problem, I sit too straight up. Thanks for your help!
They definitely recline further back.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:53 PM   #14
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
That is the finest bench seat I've ever had you all are trashing. Try a Ford vinyl covered fastening base.(i refuse to call theirs a bench seat)

I actually old like to get recline and maybe lumbar if they have it. 60/40 seats are my fave since i can still hide whatever is behind the seat, but i believe there isnt one for tacos.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #15

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
That is the finest bench seat I've ever had you all are trashing. Try a Ford vinyl covered fastening base.(i refuse to call theirs a bench seat)

I actually old like to get recline and maybe lumbar if they have it. 60/40 seats are my fave since i can still hide whatever is behind the seat, but i believe there isnt one for tacos.
Beleive me, I did my time on Ford ranger vinyl . Even the seats in the ranger could recline to more than 1 position . I still use my bench seat though. I mounted it in the bed .
Old 08-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #16
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
I "think" i need bucket seats, most likely because I dont have em.I do quite wll in that bench seat. I mght try a local junkyard like you did
Old 08-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #18
pointtoretrieve is on a distinguished road

pointtoretrieve's Tacoma Gallery
My last 06 had bench seat at it is worst than sitting on a bucket i too have a long drive to work 200+ and hated the seat also. When i bought the next tacoma having buckets were a must. They are great try EBAY every once and a while the will have some on there or Google TRD bucket seats almost bought mild racing seats for my older one.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:01 AM   #20

drew02a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
my 2007 regular cab tacoma came stock with bucket seats
Yeah, yeah, we've all heard about the few that did, you lucky punk.