Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Exhaust for 2005 2.7L

Old 10-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust for 2005 2.7L

I'm looking around for an exhaust that'll just make my truck sound better. I found this at URD(http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1260518573) but it seems super cheap compared to flowmaster and magnaflow so I don't know if I need to purchase something aside from it. If anyone has done this, let me know. And would I be able to do the installation on my own? Lift is no problem.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I would just go with a Magnaflow or Flowmaster. You can get it installed at a shop with custom piping for less than you can buy that URD for.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I got mine out the door for $198 Single in dual out, custom piping so they are angled out the sides. Go to a muffler shop and see how much it would be for the install.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #6
Slamry

Haha, sounds good. Hope it works out for you. I don't know exactly where Chandler is but maybe talk to Cliff or some other AZ guys and they should point you in the right direction.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #9
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
I have that exhaust...this is how it sounds.

It may be cheap, but its holding up well. I've had mine a little over a year now, and no problems at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgSj5...e=channel_page
Dang that's awesome. How much? Where?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
I bought it off the URD website, for the price that its listed at. When I bought mine, they didn't have one for a regular cab, so I had to cut part of the exhaust off so it would fit.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Jardine is a good exhaust. If you get it, and want to save some money on the install, let me know, and I can throw it on for ya.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #13
grizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to behold

grizzlytravis's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ridQXO0TTTg check it out
Old 10-02-2009, 06:13 AM   #14
avidoffroad.com

McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Jardine is a good exhaust. If you get it, and want to save some money on the install, let me know, and I can throw it on for ya.
Sweet, thanks chris. So you guys think that jardine one would be alright? It doesn't look like it has a muffler, do I have to buy that seperately?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #16
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
Sweet, thanks chris. So you guys think that jardine one would be alright? It doesn't look like it has a muffler, do I have to buy that seperately?
It comes with everything you need...muffler, tip, piping, etc.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #17
No better friend,No worse enemy...
InfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant future
Marines: iKill
Name: G
InfidelTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got a Magnaflow 5x11x22. this muffler is huge. its just a bit louder than stock dumped after axel. Nice growl. i hated the MF 14inch. Sounded like a ricer.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #18
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yes, i too have the jardine exhaust. it sounds good. mine has mellowed out alot since i put it on there. the thing is, Doud Thorley owns Jardine, so its basically a DT exhaust. jsut a heds up
Old 10-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #19
crawl is a jewel in the roughcrawl is a jewel in the roughcrawl is a jewel in the rough
Name: Greg
crawl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelTaco View Post
I got a Magnaflow 5x11x22. this muffler is huge. its just a bit louder than stock dumped after axel. Nice growl. i hated the MF 14inch. Sounded like a ricer.
whats the part # of that huge muff? and did you flange or weld it to existing piping?
I want to see how it looks from the underside... so go get your camera
Old 10-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #20
No better friend,No worse enemy...
InfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant future
Marines: iKill
Name: G
InfidelTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Part #.....

Welded.. . .

As requested . ..