Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Turning radius in an 06 reg cab

Old 10-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
Turning radius in an 06 reg cab

Hey guys I just bought a used 06 reg cab prerunner and the other day I went to make a sharp turn and it felt like the wheel was jerked out of my hands I looked at the left front tire and it seemed damn near perpedicular to the fender. As I turned the tires chirped as if I had front lockers but I know i dont. Is the turning radius of these trucks very tight? I have never seen so much of an arc as far as turning the wheel left or right.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
think its like 34-36', thats why i had a reg dakota and now the reg tacoma.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
They turn extremely well. I can turn the wheel all the way and the tires squeel at very low speed.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I watch some sedans n compacts try to match the radius when i do u-turn at detours/accidents and such and surprisingly they can't. Dunno if its the driver or weaker steering components limiting them.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
I watch some sedans n compacts try to match the radius when i do u-turn at detours/accidents and such and surprisingly they can't. Dunno if its the driver or weaker steering components limiting them.
Tacoma wins again. lol
Old 11-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
copernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the rough

copernicus's Tacoma Gallery
I was really suprised by the radius. Tighter than my 96 explorer.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #8
senile member

I put a tail on mine so i can chase it like a dog....ok I'm joking
Old 11-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #9
Terrier is on a distinguished road
Terrier's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is an access cab, and I like its turning radius.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
otter is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
otter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
FWD cars have less space to turn the front wheels due to the suspension, wheel, and drivetrain design.