1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

V6 AC for I4 Reg Cab?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by Pitt1552, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Nov 9, 2009 at 6:18 PM
    BlackRig

BlackRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    NE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5
    I traded my 06 4x4 reg cab for my 09 AC O/R. I really liked my reg cab. I only bought the O/R to take advantage of some overtime money and the ability to buy the exact vehicle I wanted at least once in my life. I may never get to do it again. You never know.

The cab is REALLY small. And by small I mean: you and your date won't be bringing leftovers home & a jacket. You're gunna have to choose. LOL! Or wife vs. dog.... No wait. That one's easy.

That's really the only downside. I miss my reg cab and think it's more fun to drive/wheel. The short wheelbase is much better in the woods and the 4cyl was fine for normal stuff. In fact, if i could do it all over again, I probably wouldn't buy the 09. Then again, I'm not trying to trade my 09 back either.

I think you'll end up in the hole when it's all said and done. Depreciation and tax and all the fee's and random BS will probly end up costing you more than you'll save. You'd probably do yourself a bigger favor in paying off the truck you have early and saving the payments for then next and saving on interest for the life of the loan.

Just my .02

2. Nov 13, 2009 at 9:59 AM
    CometKat

CometKat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City NV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4 Regular Cab SR5
    Exactly,

Plus the new (09 SR5 and later) regular cab doesn’t have the bucket seats so the driving comfort will not be as good.

3. Nov 19, 2009 at 4:20 PM
    Niknaq

Niknaq Phightin Phils 2008 Champs

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    FLA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4wd 2.7L Regular Cab
    Dumped exhaust, 35 % factory tint, kobalt slim line toolbox, afe pro dry, toyota all weather mats, fog lights soon.
    you will be happy you did. 2.7 L engine will run over 200k easy. I would like to see a 4.0 do that without minor repairs. 2.7 is chain driven and is very capable off road. There is no other feeling like shifting through the gears in a toyota 2.7 engine.

4. Nov 19, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    ...4.0 is chain driven. The only reason you haven't heard of many of them over 200k yet is because they've only been dumping them in Tacos since 05. I'm sure there are a few out there, and I'm sure there will be MANY in the future.

5. Nov 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    Isthatahemi

Isthatahemi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    BFG AT's, Weathertechs, Hoppy's brake controller.
    And people can't afford the gas after awhile......j/k

6. Nov 20, 2009 at 3:47 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    the 2TR came out at the same time as the 1GR in 05...

but yeah...i have seen 1GRs for sale with like 200K...nothing major wrong...just beat to hell though lol

both the 1GR and the 2TR are good motors it seems but only time will really tell

btw your sig is pretty hilarious

7. Nov 20, 2009 at 3:49 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    the cab actually is pretty roomy...i have like 3 days worth of clothes, some tools and a 13.5" sub lol...

but then again...im short and asian...so yeah lol
    as long as my chick isn't too much taller its all g

8. Nov 20, 2009 at 4:21 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Another factor to consider here is that people who are going to be driving a ton of mileage will swing towards the four-pot anyway to save on gas. This is why you see more 4cyls with 200+ earlier.

Products Discussed in

To Top