Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Lift 2.7 Tacoma

Old 11-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
Ghost Rider is a jewel in the roughGhost Rider is a jewel in the roughGhost Rider is a jewel in the roughGhost Rider is a jewel in the rough

Ghost Rider's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Lift 2.7 Tacoma

Excuse my english

I would love to lift my futur 4 cyl 4x4 Tacoma.
When you lift 2.5 inch in front how much do you need to lift the back of the truck 2.5 inch to ???

Thanks
Old 11-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
You are excused. I think a 2 inch add a leaf would be ideal, it would level out the truck a bit while still leaving the rear slightly higher than the front.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
Ghost Rider is a jewel in the roughGhost Rider is a jewel in the roughGhost Rider is a jewel in the roughGhost Rider is a jewel in the rough

So just a 2 inch lift in front will level the truck and be ok ?
Old 11-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i lifted the front of my reg cab 4cyl 2" and it sits perfectly level now, no lift in the rear, but i plan on getting the 1.5" rear lift pack and good rear shocks as i do alot of offroading
Old 11-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #5

Ok 2 inch in front and 1.5 inch in the back i like that.
Whow sell those parts ?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
Ok 2 inch in front and 1.5 inch in the back i like that.
Whow sell those parts ?

there is probable 20 different ways to do it. Allpro.com is a good place. Toyteclifts.com
Old 11-16-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
willis is on a distinguished road

Name: keith
willis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to willis
i am running the daystar 2.5" front lift on my 4cylinder prerunner ...

with the back still stock you can see that the front sits higher now ... my measurements say a 1" rear lift will level the truck, but i plan on adding a 1.5" block for just a tiny bit of rake, hopefully soon

... and here is the link to the daystar spacers:
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacodstrlift.htm
Old 11-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #8

Nice Truck.

Its very confusing there a lot a of lifting kit out there.
Do front and rear kit that goes togeter exist ??
One kit that include the front and the back ?
Old 11-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #9
alteredillusions has a spectacular aura aboutalteredillusions has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: SSgt Vehicle Mechanic/Autobody
alteredillusions's Tacoma Gallery
Look here depending on your year

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=60
Old 12-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
CHEEZYTACO is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
CHEEZYTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my build in progress

I hope the pictures come through. Sorry about the dirty truck, but I had to post these asap. This is a very budget minded lift. Toytec was easy to order online from. The components are a 2.5" spacer and 2.5 AAL that cost about $230 with shipping. I put on Firestone winterfoce 265-75-r16 studded and on the stock steel wheels. The tires were about the cheapest out there, check tirerack.com. Then I got my buddies at the dealer to put it all on for me. Keeping the stock wheels, I have no rubbing issue for a 32' tire. The ride is nearly stock but I wont be scraping my front diff crossmember going into the Klamath River Canyon anymore!! All of that for under a grand!!
Attached Thumbnails
Lift 2.7 Tacoma-rimg0020.jpg   Lift 2.7 Tacoma-rimg0021.jpg   Lift 2.7 Tacoma-afterliftbeforetires4.jpg   Lift 2.7 Tacoma-afterlift-001-3-.jpg   Lift 2.7 Tacoma-afterlift-001-6-.jpg  

Old 02-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #12
jdeutsch is on a distinguished road
jdeutsch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEEZYTACO View Post
I hope the pictures come through. Sorry about the dirty truck, but I had to post these asap. This is a very budget minded lift. Toytec was easy to order online from. The components are a 2.5" spacer and 2.5 AAL that cost about $230 with shipping. I put on Firestone winterfoce 265-75-r16 studded and on the stock steel wheels. The tires were about the cheapest out there, check tirerack.com. Then I got my buddies at the dealer to put it all on for me. Keeping the stock wheels, I have no rubbing issue for a 32' tire. The ride is nearly stock but I wont be scraping my front diff crossmember going into the Klamath River Canyon anymore!! All of that for under a grand!!
Do you think it would be weird looking to do what you did, except I have 265/70/16 on my Tacoma. I want to rise 2.5, but I have new yoko A/T at 70 instead of 75, due to stock height.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:02 PM   #13
4cyltacoma will become famous soon enough4cyltacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Reagan
4cyltacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 06 2.7 4x4 also. im at a 2.5 in the front with 1 inch block for the rear and its sits nicely. pretty level.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #15
HomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
HomeGrown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepidy View Post
My truck is 2.5" front (ToyTec coil-over) and 1.5" rear (TSB w/ProComp AAL) 5100's all around
I'm confused... some clarification, please?

I'm just starting to look into small lifts (under 3") for the front.
Does your 2.5" front lift come primarily from the ToyTec coil-overs, or the 5100's?

I thought you were supposed to be able to gain up to 2.5" with the 5100's alone.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #16
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGrown View Post
I'm confused... some clarification, please?

I'm just starting to look into small lifts (under 3") for the front.
Does your 2.5" front lift come primarily from the ToyTec coil-overs, or the 5100's?

I thought you were supposed to be able to gain up to 2.5" with the 5100's alone.
toytec utilizes a bilstein 5100 shock in the coil-over setup. when you order them you can tell them what you want the lift to be ie:2.5,2.75,3.00 and they will preset them for you so that all you have to do is drop the whole unit in. They do supply two spanner wrenches so you can tweak it or raise or lower it.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #17
HomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
HomeGrown's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, thank you for that clarification, definately helpful!

Your 2.5" front lift looks a little more believeable than some I've seen pics of who claim they have a 2.5" lift, but barely looks taller than stock.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:03 AM   #18
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGrown View Post
Ok, thank you for that clarification, definately helpful!

Your 2.5" front lift looks a little more believeable than some I've seen pics of who claim they have a 2.5" lift, but barely looks taller than stock.
If you measure from the ground to the fender well with the tape measure cutting the wheel in half it is exactly 2.5 inches higher than a SR5 4x4. For me and my purposes its a perfect lift.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #19
CHEEZYTACO is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
CHEEZYTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I run that size (the stock trd size BFG) that I acquired for cheap just to run the miles out in the summer. It looks OK but not as good as the 265/75's just because the wheel well isn't as filled up. If you have a nice tire that you are happy with, I say run it until you run them out!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #20
TacomaTK is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
TacomaTK's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Reaper22;1142456]This is what my reg cab 4cyl. looks like 2.5 front and 2" rear..

Do you have wheel spacers and or gear change? how does it push the tires with a 2.7? I have a 2.7 ac and cant decide.