1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clutchless shifting in manual 2001 Tacoma

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by jwa1028, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Nov 24, 2009 at 8:33 AM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    You didnt ruffle my feathers at all. i understand the thread is all about, is it possible without hurting the tranny? I wont do it on my pickup. I dont even think about hitting the cluch, i just do it automatically.

I have skipped using the clutch on level ground in a rig. But again the rig it sooo much easier to do and a little bit tougher if you miss the sweet spot. but you can also grind pretty easy even if you hit the clutch and miss the sweet spot on a rig.

2. Dec 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM
    killerk1gh0st

killerk1gh0st Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Karak
    Greeley, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 2wd Taco
    Borg-Warner Turbocharger, Intercooler, Pioneer AVIC F700BT, Westin Bullbar, Auto-Meter Trans temp, Oil Pressure, and Turbo guages
    I drove a 97 pete 379 for my uncle for a while with a 3406 cat and a 15 speed eaton. I never used the clutch and the trucks got a little over a million miles on it now with the same transmission. Never slips out of gear and i saved the clutch.
    Then again, it also depends on how many miles you've driven a manual and how well you know your ride..that pete shifted flawlessly at 1800 rpms. My grandpa's F-350 with a 6 speed shifts at 2600 without the clutch, he's got 390,000 on it and the transmission is still as good as the day he got it.

Products Discussed in

To Top