Bachenstien is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Andy
Bachenstien's Tacoma Gallery
Flowmaster 40 VS Flowmaster 50

Can anyone let me know the difference?
Old 11-27-2009, 07:38 AM   #2
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
I think the 40 series is louder
Old 11-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
When i had mine put on the 40 seems a little louder and the 50 seems to be a much deeper quieter sound. Keep in mind that they get louder over time. Or at least thats what my 40 series did. I love mine!
Old 11-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
40 series is louder...got my super 44 on the way
Old 12-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #6
killerk1gh0st is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Karak
killerk1gh0st's Tacoma Gallery
the 40s are more flow oriented, and thus created loads of noise, while the 50s are more deep, rumbling noise oriented but don't promote flow like the 40s do. I had a super 44 on mine for a while and it made that little 4 banger sound great
Old 12-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
Toyota1998 will become famous soon enough

Name: Nick
Toyota1998's Tacoma Gallery
The 50 series is suppose to be a deeper tone, but quieter, like everyone else is saying. The 40s are still pretty deep though, you definetly won't be getting any rice burner sound out of your truck with a 40 series. I've got the Super 44 Off-road, and i highly recommend it, sounds sweet!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #8
Ends is on a distinguished road
Ends's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota1998 View Post
you definetly won't be getting any rice burner sound out of your truck with a 40 series.
I dono, from some of the clips iv seen online, a few of them are still rice to me. Might just be the clips, or personal preference, but not deep enough. Do you have any clips of yours?

Anyone with clips of the 50 kicking around on a 4banger?
Old 12-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #9
tmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura about

Name: Treavor
tmat's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 40 series and it can get pretty annoying sometimes. Especially going like 40 mph in 4th gear....oh gawd. And it does sound similar to a ricer.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
i had a 40 series on my expedition. It was too loud so I got talked into the 50 series. There is no difference in interior sound resonance, but a big difference in price.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #11
Toyota1998 will become famous soon enough

Name: Nick
Toyota1998's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ends View Post
I dono, from some of the clips iv seen online, a few of them are still rice to me. Might just be the clips, or personal preference, but not deep enough. Do you have any clips of yours?

Anyone with clips of the 50 kicking around on a 4banger?
No i don't have any sound clips of mine, I listened to a few clips on youtube and the ones that sounded ricey to me were from the trucks that had a header or new CAT in their system. I figured thats what was bringing out the riceburner sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmat View Post
I have the 40 series and it can get pretty annoying sometimes. Especially going like 40 mph in 4th gear....oh gawd. And it does sound similar to a ricer.
I don't know, I know that the same muffler can sound different on each application, even if its the same type of vehicle. I have the super 44 and right around 2 grand the muffler noise peaks, but it never reaches the riceburner sound.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #12
StormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
StormTrooper's Tacoma Gallery
Super 44.. my truck

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/53zaJos7zd0... name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/53zaJos7zd0...rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>
Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
40 series is louder...got my super 44 on the way
I gotta Super 44 aswell...your gonna love it!!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #15
white+Peal has a spectacular aura aboutwhite+Peal has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
white+Peal's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to white+Peal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
I think the 40 series is louder

yea thats what i've heard too
Old 12-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #16
2.7bluetaco is on a distinguished road
Name: jacob
2.7bluetaco's Tacoma Gallery
yea im gettin a 40 series for xmas im pretty sure that its gona sound 100 x better that the trush turbo muffler i got on there no! lol
Old 12-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #17
Ends is on a distinguished road
Ends's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.7bluetaco View Post
yea im gettin a 40 series for xmas im pretty sure that its gona sound 100 x better that the trush turbo muffler i got on there no! lol
You don't like your thrush? There is a clip of the welded one, and i think it sounds great. Was thinking about picking one up for myself...
Old 12-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #18
Yota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of lightYota1 is a glorious beacon of light

Yota1's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone explain to me how a muffler that has just baffles can get louder over time? There is no breaking in, or glass to burn off like tradition mufflers.