As an owner with little time to look this up, I need answers to the following:
(1) Does this Tacoma have a timing belt? What would happen if it goes out; how much damage would it do - ruin the engine?
(2) Is there a connection between timing belts and cylinder compression? (I'm running on 20% compression in one cylinder.)
(3) Is there a reason the engine would not turn off with the keys out of the ignition place and the brakes on? (The only way I got out of this one was the burning of my starter which the mechanic said was due to the battery; so can a battery keep a car on when the keys are out?
(4) Sorry for the ignorance, but does my transmission need flushing which I never heard from my regular (5-yr) mechanic? Could the lack of flushing a transmission cause the truck to halt (twice) when going 25 mph and, eventually proceed?
(5) What is ruined in a truck by driving with the engine light flashing?