Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Crate engines

Old 12-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
Giggity giggity, giggity goo
8ballshifter98 will become famous soon enough8ballshifter98 will become famous soon enough

Name: Garrett
8ballshifter98's Tacoma Gallery
Crate engines

I know a lot of people are proud of their 4 bangers, while just as many or more are not. Just curious, has anybody actually tried to drop a different size engine in theirs? Me and my buddy have joked about dropping a 350 into my 98 haha
Old 12-31-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
Legendary
erik_found will become famous soon enough
Name: Erik
erik_found's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 280Z for a little while and I knew some guys putting 350 small blocks into the older Z's. It was certainly badass, but the excellent handling of the 240 and 280 went right out the window.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:28 PM   #3
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Talk to Tacozilla. He has done this.

EDIT: It is 350Tacozilla on TW.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think he put a 350 in his Tacoma, rather he put his Tacoma on a 350, if that makes sense.
I believe he put his body on a Chevy frame with Chevy driveline and the 350 engine.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
I saw some guys who put a 350 into a 1st gen Taco. They had to relocate the radiator for the engine to fit, which caused some cooling problems because the rad fan they used was too small. But the truck sounded burly and they said it was a blast to drive. With adequate prep and correct engineering I am sure it could be a reliable setup.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
Banned
kilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to behold
kilgoja's Tacoma Gallery
has anyone put the 4.0 v6 into a regular cab?...curious as to what the mpg would be
Old 01-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
FL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shedFL Forester is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
FL Forester's Tacoma Gallery
My cousin just dropped a 350 in his toyota (86 or 87). Next is the SAS.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgoja View Post
has anyone put the 4.0 v6 into a regular cab?...curious as to what the mpg would be
Total Chaos did it.
http://www.chaosfab.com/projects/tacoma/tacoma.html
Old 01-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
Banned
kilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to behold
kilgoja's Tacoma Gallery
nice ...but i was looking for a more real world application...that's like a baja truck or something...lol...it would be something i use as a daily driver