Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

underdrive pulley problems

Old 12-29-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
guamtacoma is on a distinguished road
guamtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
underdrive pulley problems

Hi I have a problem hopefully some one here can help me....The crank pulley on my 1998 4cyl 2x4 no p/s reg cab taco keeps breaking I changed it 3 times and it is getting very expensive. does any one know what the problem might be?
Old 12-30-2009, 12:54 AM   #2
revhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the rough

Name: Manny
revhappyleon's Tacoma Gallery
Breaking? How?
Old 01-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
xsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: AL
xsvtoyz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappyleon View Post
Breaking? How?
yeah I kinda wonder how as well. cracking/chipping/imploding?
Old 01-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
No power steering? Really? Is that what "no p/s" stands for? Does your truck really not have power steering?

And the title of the thread is "underdrive pulley problems". Are we to assume that you're using the LC Engineering underdrive pulley? Because from your post it sounds like you're using the stock pulley.

How is it broken?

We need more info here.