1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new here with some ?'s

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by rs50fox, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Jan 7, 2010 at 11:38 PM
    rs50fox

rs50fox [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    USA
    Hi, my name is Brian and I'm new here. I have a 2006 tacoma 2.7 4x4 and I am looking at changing the muffler to somthing a little louder but dont want to spend alot of money. what size muffler do I need? and length of it? trying to keep it simple just cut and clamp I dont want to have to add in extra piping and such.
    Also any good intakes out there?
    Thanks in advance

2. Jan 7, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    Ends

Ends Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey man, welcome.

Having the same ride as you, i know what you mean about sound. There are a ton of threads out there, so just do a little searching. Go to the tuning page, and there is a thread with a lot of clips as well.

As for size, any shop would be able to tell you the size of your muffler.

On personal preference, a lot of the mufflers out there end up sounding rice. There is a guy with a Thrush welded muffler on his 5lug, which i LOVE. When i bit the bullet, thats what i would get.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/14558-sound-clip-compilation-thread.html

For intakes, not too too much out there for the 4bannger, but AFE seems to be popular around here.

3. Jan 7, 2010 at 11:59 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    Someone on here a few weeks back posted a vid clip for their gibson exhaust on their 2.7, and it sounded really bad-ass.

4. Jan 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    i have a flowmaster 40 on my 2.7 and it sounds great with the intake, got it put on after the intake so idk what it would sound like with just the muffler...

5. Jan 10, 2010 at 11:19 PM
    Taco505

Taco505 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    OME 884's/90021, MD Dakar/Nitrocharger.
    hey man welcome,

well there are alot of options out there i personally love magnaflow thats what i have on my truck (08 2.7L) i think it sounds great i have alot of people talling me they like the sound. i forget the size of mine but i can figure that out easy for you if youd like.

so here is a vid of what it sounded like right after i got it put on. but at the moment i have the magnaflow muffler, knn intake, and DT headers i think the combo sounds really good. anyway here is the vid hope it helps out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EYuIiMeqGY

6. Jan 11, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    hawaiian

hawaiian Member

Member:
    O'ahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota Tacoma ex. cab
    2-inch BellTech lowering blocks in rear
    2.4 L transmission problems. Help?

Products Discussed in

To Top