gibson 2 4.55%
Flowmaster super 44 7 15.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
whiteyota is on a distinguished road
Name: Zachary
whiteyota's Tacoma Gallery
mufflers

what kind of muffler can i put on my 2.7L to make it louder with out changing all the pipes Thanks guys and ladies
Old 01-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
dynomax super-turbo
Old 01-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
^ what he said, thats what im going with in another month or so!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyota View Post
what kind of muffler can i put on my 2.7L to make it louder with out changing all the pipes Thanks guys and ladies
Either that or a flow master 40.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwjwm7O7Dhs

WHATEVER YOU DO don't go with a cheap exhaust from like Advanced Auto or you will sound like a riced out Honda Civic. Spend the money and do it right the first time.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribing, I would like to know to. I just don't want the ricer sound.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post

WHATEVER YOU DO don't go with a cheap exhaust from like Advanced Auto or you will sound like a riced out Honda Civic. Spend the money and do it right the first time.
all you did was add the muffler???sounds good.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #7
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
that flowmaster does sound pretty good.

but i have a magnaflow and im very happy with it alot of people tell me they like it too. here's a vid of mine with magnaflow muffler dual outlet, knn intake, DT headers.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-Kc_AOizoI
Old 01-14-2010, 10:14 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Flowmaster Super 44 and it sounds beast!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:56 AM   #9
jfr02 will become famous soon enough

Army:
jfr02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

that does sound good but what does it sound like at higher rpm's
Old 01-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #10
saltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
saltwater taco's Tacoma Gallery
i just got a flowmaster installed today and im very happy with it
Old 01-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #12
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Hey thanks guys. The truck had been cold started like 2 minutes prior to this video so it doesn't sound half as good as warm. But I have a Flowmaster 40 series with the dual outlets and two pipes running out either side. My favorite part is I have a crack in my manifold so it gives it this badass popping sound when you let off the gas or if you down shift coming up to a red light. I will make another video soon with the engine warm and also a video hopping on the interstate so you can hear the higher rpm sounds. Its not much and Ive heard alot of trucks on here that sound better but it works for me and I lucked out to have a friend with a pipe bender and a welder so I paid for the exhaust wholesale and did most of the exhaust work myself.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #13
Cappy Cap will become famous soon enough
Cappy Cap's Tacoma Gallery
I voted for the Magnaflow muffler. There's a clip on youtube with a 4 banger with an LC engineering system. I think its sound the best out of all of them. Im not a fan of the flowmaster's on the 4 cyl's sorry guys i know some people are. I think with headers and magna it would sound sweet-@$$, but thats just me.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:29 AM   #14
r.parker02 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
r.parker02's Tacoma Gallery
i love my dynomax super turbo
Old 01-24-2010, 06:33 AM   #15
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I have a FlowMaster HushPower II 18" on my 2005 2.7l, it works for me.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #16
97taco111 is on a distinguished road
97taco111's Tacoma Gallery
magnaflow is usually the best for and best sounding on 4 bangers
Old 01-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #17
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
Is the dynomax super turbo annoying in the cab at highway speeds, i drive my truck about 22 miles each way to work and i dont want anything that is annoying and droning out my ears. But i want a little better power, mpg, and sound better.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #18
grizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to behold

grizzlytravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I beg to differ 40$ thrush welded from advanced im not revin too high in the vid but at good 3700 rpm
Old 01-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #19
grizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to behold

grizzlytravis's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ridQXO0TTTg<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ridQXO0TTTg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ridQXO0TTTg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 01-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #20
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I have a FlowMaster HushPower II 18" on my 2005 2.7l, it works for me.

thats fine as long as yall like to restrict air-flow

Products Discussed in this Thread