Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7 vvti alpine developements supercharger

Old 07-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #261
small /= slow
newengland is on a distinguished road
newengland's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to newengland
Yeah, I've been thinking about synthetic. still have a little bit before I need another oil change.

Ok, all those who have wanted a video, here you go. It's a little on the crappy side because my brother held it sideways and didn't hold it very steady, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22x06hniZTQ
Old 07-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #262
small /= slow
It's at 14.7-ish until past 3k rpms, then it goes into open loop and drops into the high twelves. So Open loop it get rich, just not in closed loop under partial throttle.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:18 PM   #263
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
what i'd like to see is some numbers on a dyno
Old 07-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #264
small /= slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
what i'd like to see is some numbers on a dyno
Getting to that . Still waiting for the performance shop in the next town to get back to me about a dyno and tune.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #265
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

until then
Old 07-10-2010, 04:35 AM   #266
small /= slow
Heh, sorry. Not trying to drag you guys along. Waiting on the URD AFR Calibrator still. I'll have to call that place again, but I don't want to until i get the AFR unit in.

Truck is still running good and fast; no issues.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #267
small /= slow
Still waiting on my order from URD. However, at idle (and occasionally when driving at low rpms) the engine will 'stumble'. It's as if for a split second the truck stops supplying fuel to the engine, but only at idle. Any ideas what this could be?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #268
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
No clue, mine does that too. It does it maybe twice a month.

I have intake/exhaust only.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #269
2.7taco is on a distinguished road
2.7taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland View Post
Still waiting on my order from URD. However, at idle (and occasionally when driving at low rpms) the engine will 'stumble'. It's as if for a split second the truck stops supplying fuel to the engine, but only at idle. Any ideas what this could be?
The in tank sock filter has begun stopping up with dirt and varnish. Also the factory fuel pump can not keep the supply of fuel needed for the added amount of air. So basically your problem is 2 parts one is inadequate fuel to provide the correct fuel air mix. The other is the computer is fighting the current timing settings, spark, fuel and valve train.

Try the fuel problem first. Then tackle the spark issue.

Part of your fuel fix. The other you already ordered.
http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.p..._id=1260518592

As for your spark the factory gap is excessive for forced induction new gap on the 2.7(2TR-FE) is supposed to be .043" and max limit is .051". Also if you are running the factory Iridium plugs were not engineered for forced induction. Your solution may be as simple as bring the gap down to the minimum or buy a Denso U gap spark plug the only catch is make sure the gap is on the low side. Also you can not gap Iridium plugs because you may damage the electrode. The last thing you could try to fix or alter spark is buy a colder plug, one step down could help.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #270
small /= slow
Hmm, I had been thinking about spark plugs off and on. The AFR calibrator is installed. Gadget wants me to call him before I start messing with it, so I'll do that monday. Side note: I looked at the timing for kicks today. Started off at about 11 degrees of advance at idle, and increased as the rpms went up, up to 35 at mid 4k's. Granted, I was sitting in my driveway, but still, interesting?
Old 07-19-2010, 07:18 AM   #271

that is very interesting. shouldnt the timing be retarded back? when my buddy and i installed a procharger system in his camaro we had the timing retarded to compensate for the supercharger. i don't know though.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #272
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland View Post
Hmm, I had been thinking about spark plugs off and on. The AFR calibrator is installed. Gadget wants me to call him before I start messing with it, so I'll do that monday. Side note: I looked at the timing for kicks today. Started off at about 11 degrees of advance at idle, and increased as the rpms went up, up to 35 at mid 4k's. Granted, I was sitting in my driveway, but still, interesting?
Unless you were under boost, somthing you cant get reving in neutral, its going to advance the timing as if you are NA.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #273
small /= slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Unless you were under boost, somthing you cant get reving in neutral, its going to advance the timing as if you are NA.

Thanks for the tip. I realized that today when I was putting in the AFR calibrator.

Anyway, it's not running stoich when in partial throttle boost anymore, which makes me feel much better. Expecting company the next couple days, so I'll keep tuning it myself the end of the week. Truck isn't stuttering anymore. I think it had to do with the ungodly heat we had when I felt that happening.

I can't tell if it's the placebo effect or not, but it seems to be running 'happier'. We shall see.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #274
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Damn this shit sounds way to complicated for me, makes me not wanna s/c my truck.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #276
2.7taco is on a distinguished road
2.7taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmarquis View Post
Does it send stoich signals to the ECU? I mean so the ECU doesnt try to take fuel away via trims in closedloop and boost.
Basically its telling the computer the mixture is stoichiometric and adds its own air/fuel maps to correct the mixture ratio. It does this in either closed loop or open loop.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:57 AM   #277
small /= slow
For the most part it is working. I mean, now it's learning what it thinks is stoich, so there's a small change. It intercepts the signal between the sensor and ECU, so the ECU is getting, for example, a signal that the AFR is too lean (when it's not) and the ECU tries to add fuel. The ECU is now working for me, not against me. It is trying to hold the afr at what it perceives as stoich, but is being tricked. That's what I'm tackling at the end of the week; zeroing out the fuel trims to the new afr.

@numbah57: You don't NEED a dyno to tune it. If you have a wideband you can do it yourself, like what I will be doing this weekend. And the only reason it's this complicated is because the kit came from a different country >.<. I'm continuing with the project because I already spent the money and time installing it. See what URD's got. I'm sure it will be much easier than this.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #280
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
stoichiometric, air/fuel maps and mixtures, closed loop, open loop, zeroing out the fuel trims, learning the operating sequences of the ECU, all this is jibberish to me.. makes my brain hurt. but im excited for the outcome videos/numbers. keep up the good work