Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7 vvti alpine developements supercharger

Old 03-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #41
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland View Post
I'm interested in this question as well. Dpes it come with fuel mods/tuning, or would I need to get those seperatly?

i emailed them about it, comes with a pretuned piggy back and they are trying to work out a deal with unichip for the u.s. so that the unichip would be the module that is the ecu piggyback
Old 03-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #42
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supralight View Post
Looking forward to it. So, finally, is it a root type supercharger or centrifugal?
Centrifugal.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #43
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
I hope thay dont go with UniChip, the system sucks becasue it is only tuneable by the distributors, not any shop can do it...

I would rather have another type of ECU control, I used to be an authorized tuner / installer for Unichip, but we gave it up soon thereafter.

The Alpine unit is one of the most efficient Centrufugal SCs out there, less heat than a turbo, and less parasitic drag than a roots style.

I use one on my Camaro (ProCharger) and I love it, works great.

If you guys are worried about doing it on a low mileage one, DO IT!! The motor is only getting older, if it were me I would put this SC on a truck with 10 miles, just my .02.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #44
small /= slow
newengland is on a distinguished road
newengland's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to newengland
Hrm. I'd prefer end-user tunable as well. What happens with our other mods? Headers, exhaust, etc. Still, I got 41k miles on my truck, and I want to install it this summer, haha. Excited! Edit: What's the limit on our stock clutch? Would it need to be upgraded, and do the upgrades even exist?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #45
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
sounds neat, but that's a whole lot of cash to throw at a 2.7L tacoma.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #46
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
I hope thay dont go with UniChip, the system sucks becasue it is only tuneable by the distributors, not any shop can do it...

I would rather have another type of ECU control, I used to be an authorized tuner / installer for Unichip, but we gave it up soon thereafter.

The Alpine unit is one of the most efficient Centrufugal SCs out there, less heat than a turbo, and less parasitic drag than a roots style.

I use one on my Camaro (ProCharger) and I love it, works great.

If you guys are worried about doing it on a low mileage one, DO IT!! The motor is only getting older, if it were me I would put this SC on a truck with 10 miles, just my .02.
So the Turbo Meister approves? haha
Old 03-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #47
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post
for a complete installation kit, not really.
this includes the charge air cooler, ecu, piping and hoses, everything!
plus what makes the 2.7L any less 'big dollar investment' worthy than the 4.0L? both solid engines!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #48
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For a base truck i might could agree, but for us that have every option except the 4.0....not really that bad of a deal considering i can keep my good mileage yet have the power of the 4.0.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #49
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I want it, even if only to justify my XR rims lol
Old 03-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #50
Taco_Kid is on a distinguished road
Taco_Kid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post

+27 31 716 8158
www.alpine-developments.com

so, does "engine horsepower" mean RWHP? stock 2.7L 2TRFE is rated 158hp(engine). if this dyno read 131RWHP thats a whopping ~28% loss in the drivetrain, which would be horrible, or, the dyno #'s are not right. please clarify.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:06 PM   #51
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
So, by buying this kit, as I understand, there is everything included. So no need to drive your truck to a tuning shop, no need for intake and exhaust mods, and so on?

If this is really the case, 4000$ is a pretty good price if the thing is quality. Here in canada, it's the price difference between the 4 and 6 cylinder.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #52
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Kid View Post
so, does "engine horsepower" mean RWHP? stock 2.7L 2TRFE is rated 158hp(engine). if this dyno read 131RWHP thats a whopping ~28% loss in the drivetrain, which would be horrible, or, the dyno #'s are not right. please clarify.
Rated @ 159bhp

[(159-131)/159] * 100 = 17.6%

<--- Clarified by the math police
Old 03-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #53
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Kid View Post
Im sure its at the wheel.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #54
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Depends how you look at it... On a 2.7 reg cab 4x4, it would be pretty damn sweet. Toyota should have stuffed the 1GR in there to begin with though....
Old 03-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #55
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Rated @ 159bhp

Good, you saved me the trouble.

Something that I don't believe is being taken into account is the dyno correction. There are different formulas that can be used, and if the same standards are not used throughout all of the quoted figures the numbers can be quite misleading.

Here is an example of how HP is corrected to a standard humidity, BP, altitude, etc..

Old 03-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #56
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Rated @ 159bhp

[(159-131)/159] * 100 = 1761.0%

fixed you don't need the multiply by a hundered 0.176 = 17.6%
Old 03-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #57
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you don't need the multiply by a hundered 0.176 = 17.6%
But that's how you make a decimal into a percentage...

.176 does not equal 17.6. I just tried to plug that into my calculator, and it slapped me in the face and called me an idiot.

.176 * 100 = 17.6
Old 03-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #58
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
[(159-131)/159] * 100 = 1761.0%

fixed you don't need the multiply by a hundered 0.176 = 17.6%
Old 03-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #59
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
open up excel and copy and paste this into a cell

=((159-131)/159)*100

now format as a percent and tell me what you get.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #60
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
open up excel and copy and paste this into a cell

=((159-131)/159)*100

now format as a percent and tell me what you get.
17.6101 lol

I still want one, I'm not worried about math problems.

If anybody wants to give me a dollar, send me a PM and you can have my PayPal address