Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Universal muffler question

Old 02-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #1
cicada83 is on a distinguished road
cicada83's Tacoma Gallery
Universal muffler question

I have an 08 4x4 5 speed access cab tacoma. I am planning on upgrading the intake to the volant intake and also want to upgrade the exhaust. I don't want a loud one just a nice low growl (no rice poppy stuff).

My question is I have been looking at the flowmaster 50 series mufflers. I am pretty sure I want to get the delta force stainless steel. I just don't now what inlet outlet to get (center, offset...) I also don't know what size tube inlet outlet I need. I am going to have a muffler shop put it on, I just want to make sure I get the best fit possible.

I am also open to any suggestions of similar mufflers to the 50 series. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:57 AM   #2
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed a magnaflow muffler. It's a lil loud but I think it kinda sounds like a subaru when taking off...And has a nice girggle or growl when shifting.

here is the link to my video.http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...ideo-mine.html
Old 03-01-2010, 06:04 AM   #3
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
I can prolly get a video one of these days for ya. I have a magna flow just mounted in the stock exhaust and its loud but sounds so good! I also put a black chrome tip on it and think it looks very good.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
thank you both for the opinons but that magnaflow sound is not really what I am going fr. I want more of a deep sound that I think the flowmaster provides. Still looking for fitment information though. So if anyone has that I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
bump
Old 03-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy has the flowmaster muffler on his truck. It sounds alright, but it only my opinion. It does not have the super deep growl, more of a subaru sound to it. I personally don't like it. just my .002. GL with the search!!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
neslerrah has a dynomax super turbo on his (part number 17748)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lug-build.html
Old 03-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
neslerrah has a dynomax super turbo on his (part number 17748)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lug-build.html

i second the nomination! I went with the same muffler per his recommendation and haven't regretted it once. It's the perfect in between for quiet, yet something is back there making a little noise! Love the sound!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:58 AM   #10
Thanks guys for the help. that dynomax sounds pretty good but still may be a little poppy for me. i just want a smooth deep tone so you hardly know a aftermarket muffler is on there. I am pretty set on the delta flow 50 but still open to suggestions. Also I am pretty sure I need 2.5 and and out, but still not sure on the placement (outset or center...) still need som help with that.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:22 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I have an extra Magnaflow race series round muffler that came off my car because I got an oval one to not scrape on the ground leaving angled places. Have been resisting shoving it up under the truck where ground clearanance is not an issue. We'll see what happens.........