Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7 vvti alpine supercharger pricing and performance numbers

Old 03-05-2010, 05:44 AM   #1
burtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud of
burtonboards32's Tacoma Gallery
2.7 vvti alpine supercharger pricing and performance numbers

Good morning everyone. I just received and email from alpine with pricing and performance numbers for the '05-10 2.7L.

$3650 retail or $3200 for first 10 ordered

211HP - 61.2% increase
242Ft/lbs torque - 39.6% increase
0-68 mph in 5.948 seconds - 46.6% increase

So who's first in line for this thing?
Old 03-05-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
06dak will become famous soon enough06dak will become famous soon enough
06dak's Tacoma Gallery
Group buy?

Old 03-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonboards32 View Post
Good morning everyone. I just received and email from alpine with pricing and performance numbers for the '05-10 2.7L.

$3650 retail or $3200 for first 10 ordered

211HP - 61.2% increase
242Ft/lbs torque - 39.6% increase

So who's first in line for this thing?

Impressive.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonboards32 View Post
That is really impressive!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
are those numbers besides the 0-60 to the flywheel or wheels. Im hoping the wheels
Old 03-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
What all does the kit include? Would the engine need any additional work done to support the boost, and would I need a new ECU or does it come with a piggyback? I'm just curious if I would have to cough up any other cash for additional parts, or its a package deal with everythign needed. Sorry so many questions, but I'm actually quite serious about buying by the end of this month! I think after a Supercharger, for certain I'd be done!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #7
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C17Guy View Post
I think after a Supercharger, for certain I'd be done!
Such a lie!

Old 03-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #8
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
Such a lie!

damn't....thats what i'm tellin the woman and i'm stickin to it!

even though we all know its bs.....
Old 03-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone in AZ gets one, I'll help with the install, and can set up a Before and After dyno runs.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:10 PM   #11
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
are those numbers besides the 0-60 to the flywheel or wheels. Im hoping the wheels
Those are actually 0-68 mph runs, which is a considerable difference over 0-60 considering it is much harder to go from 60-68 vs, say, 40-48. Just thought I would point that out, if you didn't notice.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #12
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
If anyone in AZ gets one, I'll help with the install, and can set up a Before and After dyno runs.
Wow, great offer. Wish I was in AZ.

Good looking out, Chris!

So is URD ever going to come out with one to compete with this kit? Does Alpine Developments have good reliability? I've never heard of them.

EDIT: The only real negative thing I came across about them was this: http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=126377
Old 03-06-2010, 07:59 AM   #13
buyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nicebuyobuyo is just really nice

buyobuyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback View Post
The numbers have to be to the wheels. If you do the math they're basing the claims off an initial hp of 130 and torque of 173. Factory ratings are 150/177, respectively.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:12 AM   #14
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
oh man...i want one...has anyone gotten one of these yet?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #15
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet View Post
oh man...i want one...has anyone gotten one of these yet?
I know one guy has one. I think he likes it but it was a PITA to install.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #16
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
good luck with a GB. I have emailed John constantly trying to get it to go but never worked, so if you can more power to you. Also I think it was stated in the other thread, that this kit was for the base model and not the prerunner model. IDK what the difference is tubing and routing and whatnot so I do not know for sure if thats really the case.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #17
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...ercharger.html

someones already installed it and blah blah. this is a pretty good thread to look through
Old 08-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #18
beechmon is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
beechmon's Tacoma Gallery
mpg

I know this is a stupid thing to ask... but how much mpg do you think it goes down once this is done? I'd be for a group buy... just need some time to raise the money :-(
Old 08-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #19
Almost there

Mileage should change 1-2 but it really all depends how you drive. If your always on it then its less if you baby it more.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #20
beechmon is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
beechmon's Tacoma Gallery
any chance for a group buy on this? i'm down. but might need a month to get funds...

Also, i'm planning on pulling a 4000 lb 21 foot sail boat with my 06 tacoma 4x4... think this will pull it? (up and down hills... i know with out it would kill my clutch, and probably pull me down hill)