Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

few performace ?s

Old 03-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
rs50fox is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
rs50fox's Tacoma Gallery
few performace ?s

I was wondering what AFE intake makes the most noise and where the best place to order it from? I also am looking into geting a dynomax super turbo muffler and would like to know what size to order? part #? Is there as way to cut the old one off and clamp the new one on with out adding extra exhaust piping or do I have to get it welded?
Thanks for any help
Old 03-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
I have an AFE CAI that I used for about 500 miles, then took it off. It's modified, the idiots sent me one for a 1st gen 2.7 I think. I had to re-drill the mounting holes and make a cutout so it would fit. It works, nothing wrong with it. I'll let it go for half. PM me if you're interested
Old 03-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
dhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 20 years: Field Artillery, Communications & Range NCO
Name: Doug
dhurley's Tacoma Gallery
Just measure the inlet & outlet of your current muffler (probably 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inches) and the length. You can find a catalog on their website (do a search) & you can get a part #. I got mine from Advanced Auto in stock. Muffler Masters cut off my old one & welded the new one on for $45 or so.