Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Doug Thorley vs. LC Engineering

View Poll Results: Which header for the 2TR-FE?
Doug Thorley 72 38.92%
LC Engineering 113 61.08%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #22
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
^ look at the dt header dyno...lce doesnt do a very good job "representing" theirs, this dyno is a little biased in my opinion
Old 04-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #24
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh i know you did just copy pasted it was just for future reference to compare them a little better
Old 04-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #26
95TacoSX is on a distinguished road

95TacoSX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
the one thing is tho that LC engineering does specialize in toyota 4 cyl applications. so idk. i don't really know anyone with the LC engineering headers tho. but i have heard the dt ones and they sound great.
I've youtubed the LCE's paired w/their free flow exhaust system and it sounded very nice, which is why I'm looking into this duo! Which leads me to a question, and hopefully one of you very smart people has the answer! If I were to get both the LCE exhaust and headers will they fit a reg cab truck, or will cutting be involved? Thanks and I hope I didn't derail this thread too much!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #27
Almost there

If you get the red cab exhaust there shouldn't be any cutting if they fabbed it correctly. Speaeking from experience be careful with headers and a catback because I feel as though I lost some low end and backpressure from running headers and exhaust. If I did it again id run just a aftermarket header
Old 04-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #28
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
If you get the red cab exhaust there shouldn't be any cutting if they fabbed it correctly. Speaeking from experience be careful with headers and a catback because I feel as though I lost some low end and backpressure from running headers and exhaust. If I did it again id run just a aftermarket header
ya but it would still sound like ass with the stock muffler
Old 04-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #29
Almost there

No it won't sound like ass with the stock muffler, in fact it sounds stock with the stock muffler. The aftermarket header does not cancle out a cat or anything that would alter the sound. On my old car aftermarket cat sounded like shit because it deleted a cat but ours don't have one
Old 04-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #31
95TacoSX is on a distinguished road

95TacoSX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
So a loss in backpressure would cause a reduce in power and is LC's exhaust system is cat back? And what would you reccomend instead of rolling with that exhaust system?
Old 04-19-2010, 06:25 AM   #32
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassco View Post
Thanks for the link, i faved it!
Old 05-08-2010, 02:16 AM   #33
tooxslick is on a distinguished road
Name: Gary
tooxslick's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone provide a sound clip of the LC Engineering for the second gen?
Old 06-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #34
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btz8y796rg8
Old 09-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #35
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
We should try and convince the LCE guys to cut us a deal, atleast something. Im down!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #36
beechmon is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
beechmon's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
We should try and convince the LCE guys to cut us a deal, atleast something. Im down!

i'm down. looking to get better a little better lower end torque. Put me in for one, just need make sure it can fit my 2007 AC.

BTW, stock sounds like crap, within my first week of having my taco got a cherry bomb muffler put on for $140, and well worth it now (not for any performance gains, but needed to get away from the stock sound)
Old 09-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #37
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
that has to have some sort of non stock muffler because the header for sure wont make that much noise!
Old 09-06-2010, 12:19 AM   #38
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechmon View Post
i'm down. looking to get better a little better lower end torque. Put me in for one, just need make sure it can fit my 2007 AC.

BTW, stock sounds like crap, within my first week of having my taco got a cherry bomb muffler put on for $140, and well worth it now (not for any performance gains, but needed to get away from the stock sound)
u should try the dynomax super turbo when you get tired of the bomb
Old 09-07-2010, 04:58 AM   #39
beechmon is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
beechmon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbmx View Post
u should try the dynomax super turbo when you get tired of the bomb
i know this isn't the best bang for the buck, but it's much better then stock