LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Doug Thorley vs. LC Engineering

View Poll Results: Which header for the 2TR-FE?
Doug Thorley 71 39.66%
LC Engineering 108 60.34%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #41
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
maybe yours is in a better condition than mine. but my stock muffler sounds badddd. kinda like its falling apart inside. and if i were to do exhaust work i would want a better sound out of it as well, but thats just me
Yep, I've had my Taco for a week and the stock muffler drives me nuts. It sounds like my old truck did one time when I got a tank of bad gas, like it's struggling to run and pinging like hell, lol. I already have a Magnaflow on order. The LCE header is on my list of stuff for "down the road". Unless, of course, there's a group buy or something that manifests itself before then.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #42
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
What's that smell? It reeks of burning rice.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #43
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Are both of these headers CA legal? i have all the emissions here in cali. I just dont wanna waste money that wont pass emissions.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 03-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #44
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
any sound clips of the LCE header? without the exhaust?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #45
4banger805 is on a distinguished road
Name: Benjamin
4banger805's Tacoma Gallery
i really dont know much about cars...it'd be pretty much impossible for me to do the LCE install on my own i assume? or...anyone wanna do a write up (with photos) ?? haha
Old 07-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #46
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
install was pretty easy, no surprises, the only bolts that were sort of a pain were the two exhaust spring bolts at the bottom. performance wise this header keeps you smiling when you go above 2400 rpm
Old 09-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #47
ao6902 is on a distinguished road
Name: Arya
ao6902's Tacoma Gallery
I have the DT headers on my truck and they are great. You have to realize that you are not going to notice a big difference one way or another, DT or LCE. I definately noticed a difference in power but these are just 4 cylinders. Neither header is going to yield an enormous gain. The DT is a quality built header and people love em on all types of trucks. But if the LCE is quality built and people like em, just pick the cheaper one
Old 09-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #48
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Although I have a 1st gen I voted...I have an LCE header on my 3RZ and love it. Good torque gains down low, noticed better pulling power in soft sand. And if you rev it out, it makes the truck pull really good in 3K+...good for entering the interstate..

Plus the build quality of the LCE is very nice. The Ceramic coating is also very durable, repels mud and dirt very well.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #49
Kermit
SVHANC is on a distinguished road

Name: Sam
SVHANC's Tacoma Gallery
Just to stir the pot a little more, here are links to the dyno results for DT vs. Stock from the DT website and the DT vs. LCE from the LCE website. I tried posting the charts but it choked on the size.

http://www.dougthorleyheaders.com/vi...400.THY509.BMP

http://www.toyotacatalog.net/M1WebGe...rdynochart.jpg

I guess it is all in who you believe, but LCE is charging a premium that may be justified only in build quality that is largely irrelevant once you close the hood.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #50
Fast1 is on a distinguished road
Fast1's Tacoma Gallery
I'll help... and I"m wondering how the LC header (per their chart) can make the most torque at just a bit over 3000 rpm? that seems too odd for me.. anyone else?

At 3000 rpm there appears to be a 10 foot lb torque discrepancy between the two dyno charts when comparing the DT header??

Also at 3500 rpm there is a significant difference in hp of the DT header when comparing each chart??

IMO that LC chart appears bogus..

Doug Thorley Dyno

LC Dyno

Old 12-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #51
Git-r-Done
muleyhunter is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
muleyhunter's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone looks at the two charts there with any education one can see that the lc chart listed above does not have complete and proper information of what the diagram numbers are, it is simply assumed, which usually indicates the diagram has been put together by somebody in a simple program without substantial data. where as you're dt header is simply compared to stock and is fully and legitly filled with the chart system information. a chart system representing a product and its leading competitor will always be biased, they are trying to sell their product for goodness sakes. the funniest part about the l c chart above is that the big difference between the two is being represented in your standard range of rpm's, and why would that be so? to gain more business! any company that will compare there product to there leading competitors product with a crappy chart like that is trying to gain business through human stupidity. if l c is representing that chart as their diagnostics for their header it has to be accurate information about their own product or they would deal with false advertisement (that is as well if the chart has complete data, which it does not) however they can falsely advertise results for other products because they are not their own. take the dt headers chart on their own information and the l c chart on their personal information and vuala you have a non biased result. Truth be told putting the two charts together will show you the perforce difference between them is so minimal it really becomes a matter of personal preference.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:08 AM   #52
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
i had the DT headers for about 2 years and can tell ya that the LCE headers is a bit better
Old 12-31-2011, 08:41 AM   #53
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleyhunter View Post
If anyone looks at the two charts there with any education one can see that the lc chart listed above does not have complete and proper information of what the diagram numbers are, it is simply assumed, which usually indicates the diagram has been put together by somebody in a simple program without substantial data. where as you're dt header is simply compared to stock and is fully and legitly filled with the chart system information. a chart system representing a product and its leading competitor will always be biased, they are trying to sell their product for goodness sakes. the funniest part about the l c chart above is that the big difference between the two is being represented in your standard range of rpm's, and why would that be so? to gain more business! any company that will compare there product to there leading competitors product with a crappy chart like that is trying to gain business through human stupidity. if l c is representing that chart as their diagnostics for their header it has to be accurate information about their own product or they would deal with false advertisement (that is as well if the chart has complete data, which it does not) however they can falsely advertise results for other products because they are not their own. take the dt headers chart on their own information and the l c chart on their personal information and vuala you have a non biased result. Truth be told putting the two charts together will show you the perforce difference between them is so minimal it really becomes a matter of personal preference. And a company trying to get gain over another company with crappy false charts doesn't deserve my business!
Let me guess..................... You own Doug Thorleys?
Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #54
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
My LCE headers didn't change the sound one bit. I can tell the difference the first drive after I installed them, definitely some low end power gains. The jump from first to second is alot smoother now when I'm punching it.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #55
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
So for the 3RZ what would you guys recommend? Not big on the crimped merge on the LC... But I did read that the LC gives better numbers... that might be for the 2tr though. I'm not sure.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #56
Fast1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
i had the DT headers for about 2 years and can tell ya that the LCE headers is a bit better
what was better with the LCE headers?
Old 01-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #57
Git-r-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Let me guess..................... You own Doug Thorleys?
I do own dt, and I have no experience with the lce so a far as personal experience with the two goes I have none.all my information above was simply comparing sales tactics and the way each company advertises. I said above the difference is minimal, however I didn't say that the difference was in favor of lce, which is true
Old 01-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #58
Git-r-Done

Well guys I guess my post made a stir with lce. So they want me to run a test with their header compared to stock and the dt. I guess they are going to send me the lce header to run a diagnostics test. If I don't like the performance test I simply send it back. If I do like it I remove my statement and represent lce with a proper comparison chart to dt and stock. Sounds good to me.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #59
DougL is on a distinguished road

Name: Doug
DougL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleyhunter View Post
Well guys I guess my post made a stir with lce. So they want me to run a test with their header compared to stock and the dt. I guess they are going to send me the lce header to run a diagnostics test. If I don't like the performance test I simply send it back. If I do like it I remove my statement and represent lce with a proper comparison chart to dt and stock. Sounds good to me.
well thats pretty cool.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #60
Fast1's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take your old Doug Thorly if you like the LCE better..

Products Discussed in this Thread