1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 5 lugger had a little episode. sketchy?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by SurfInferno, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Apr 7, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno [OP] Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    Today as i was driving to thousand oaks, i saw a guy swerving all over the road, i called 911 and reported him because he almost hit an ambulance and 5 or 6 other cars. followed him for about 25 miles and the whole time he was swerving and barley missing cars. The cops never showed up as promised...:mad:

As i was getting off the freeway i put my foot on the brake and my taco into neutral because i was to lazy to downshift. I looked at my tac and my RPMs were steadily rising. It lasted about 45 seconds to a min before it dropped into idle again. It got up to about 4500 RPMs and i thought it was the cruise control so i turned it off, and nothing happend, i looked and my gas pedal was nowhere near my floor mat. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Should i report it or wait and see if it happens again?

my truck isnt even under the recall list. Its a 2005, manual, 2wd, sr5 5 lugger.

2. Apr 7, 2010 at 12:36 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    sure it was the brakes and not the gas you were pressing ?? :)

3. Apr 7, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    SurfInferno

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    haha im positive. seeing as how i slowed down from 75 to 40 as it was doing it

4. Apr 7, 2010 at 1:12 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    The side of your shoe may have caught the gas pedal. I've done it before. If you're concerned, take it in to Toyota and get that bar put in.

5. Apr 7, 2010 at 1:33 PM
    SurfInferno

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    that could have happened. ill just wait and see if it happens again haha. thanks for the replys

6. Apr 7, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    btkicker

btkicker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 Reg Cab Manual
  7. Apr 8, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    I had something similar happen last week. I was on the freeway using the cruise. Got on the off ramp (a long one) hit the clutch and my RPM's went up. It didn't surprise me too much b/c I used to have a truck that did that if you pushed in the clutch before turning off or canceling the cruise setting. But I thought these trucks were smart enough not to do that. I dropped it back into gear, turned the cruise off, and then put it in neutral to coast and all was fine. I just figured it was a glitch in the cruise control logic. I'm not too worried about it in my case.

8. Apr 8, 2010 at 5:18 PM
    spp

spp OC, Kalifornia

Member:
    OC California
    Bet this is it. Pedals are very close for us with gifted feet.

9. Apr 8, 2010 at 5:22 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    it happens to me very frequently even without cruise being engaged. were you driving it hard at all, if so the trucks designed to do that to help keep engine speed up if your needing to down shift or up shift to match rpm's. i hate it and it mostly happens when im driving 70+ or up a hill then start a decent. iv gotten the rpm's to redline and thought to myself fuck, so i just downshifted and then put it in 5th to coast and the rpm's dropped

Products Discussed in

To Top