Notices

Does anyone know what oil came with a 2010 AC four cylinder/automatic

Old 05-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know what oil came with a 2010 AC four cylinder/automatic

Hi all,

I went to a new owner deal at the Toyota dealership tonight, and noticed a lot of the cars on the lot now have stickers showing the cars have 0/20 synthetic oil. The speaker for the service department mentioned that also, and said some 2010 Toyotas came with the synthetic, and some came with regular oil. My oil cap shows 0-20 and 5-20, so I am still not sure what it came with. When our truck was delivered ( I ordered it via telephone, then came in and paid a deposit in October and picked it up in December ), the stickers had already been removed.

Is there a definitive answer? Just curious really, but it would make a difference in the interval when I change the oil.

Thanks,
Tim Glover
Old 05-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
Omnipotent
Hootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Hootbro's Tacoma Gallery
Regardless, I would still change the initial fill at 5K if not sooner.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
No change it to either the 0w20 or 5w20 it won't hurt your truck. I use mobile1 syn and filter...I change my oil every8500 miles 5w20
Old 05-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #4
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
I use Dino 5W-20 and have it changed every 3500 miles.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #5
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco.Tim View Post
Hi all,

I went to a new owner deal at the Toyota dealership tonight, and noticed a lot of the cars on the lot now have stickers showing the cars have 0/20 synthetic oil. The speaker for the service department mentioned that also, and said some 2010 Toyotas came with the synthetic, and some came with regular oil. My oil cap shows 0-20 and 5-20, so I am still not sure what it came with. When our truck was delivered ( I ordered it via telephone, then came in and paid a deposit in October and picked it up in December ), the stickers had already been removed.

Is there a definitive answer? Just curious really, but it would make a difference in the interval when I change the oil.

Thanks,
Tim Glover
When I bought my 2010 Prerunner 3 weeks ago, I got from Toyota 2 years or 25,000 miles which ever comes first of free oil changes every 5000 miles. Going to ask about the 0-20 when I take it in for the first time. I did see the last time I was at Walmart that Mobil-1 did have 0-20 and it said for better gas mileage.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
old dad is a jewel in the roughold dad is a jewel in the roughold dad is a jewel in the roughold dad is a jewel in the rough
Navy: radioman
Name: mark
old dad's Tacoma Gallery
does everybody pretty much use the recommended 5w-20, I'm used to running 10w-30 in the now deceased silverado. Should I stay with the 5w-20?

mark
Old 05-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
Omnipotent
Hootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Hootbro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by old dad View Post
does everybody pretty much use the recommended 5w-20, I'm used to running 10w-30 in the now deceased silverado. Should I stay with the 5w-20?

mark
Most will tell you to stick to the 5W-20 and 0W-20 for warranty purposes but the owners manual does have ambiguous wording that other weights can be used in higher heat climates.

5W-20 was mainly spec'd for mileage requirements. If you have a leftover stash of 10W-30, would say use it and just switch over to 5W-20 when convenient.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
i would use 0w20 for best cold start and mpg and change at 5k for warranty purposes and longevity of your engine.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #9
TOYOTA FREAK is on a distinguished road
TOYOTA FREAK's Tacoma Gallery
Hello Tim,the 0-20 is synthetic from Toyota and also synthetic from Mobil 1,if your truck uses 0-20,the 5-20 is easier to find,but Toyota on my 2012 4cilinder recommends to use 0-20 and when I can't find it 5-20 but to change it on the next oil change. I am using 0-20 on a 4cilinder,it works fine and changes are every 5000,my wife 6cilinder 2012 Highlander uses 0-20 and it is change every 10000. Hope this helps a little. Take care.