LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

5 lug alignment after lift

Old 06-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
5 lug alignment after lift

I've had my alignment done 3 times since I put the fat bob's lift on (I know spacer lifts are bad) and now it finally feels right, but after reading about alignments it sounds like something is still wrong according to the numbers. I'm not sure if they can't get it any better, they don't care, or what. So far I've had it done at Firestone b/c I have lifetime alignment there. Been thinking about taking it to a reputable independent shop that does aftermarket wheels and seems to know their stuff.

Does anyone think these numbers can get any better or what should I tell them to do to make them better? If you have a lifted 5 lug, how good is your alignment?

Here are my numbers from the last alignment. It was pulling to the left before this one was done.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
Cappy Cap will become famous soon enough
Cappy Cap's Tacoma Gallery
that sux man. I hope you figure it all out
Good luck to you
so the Fat bobs lift not really that good huh?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
I need to invest in a lifetime alingment deal, but I am not doing it at your firestone. Your left wheel is all messed up.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
Drewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
Drewboto's Tacoma Gallery
Any more info on this lifetime alignment?
I Jack up my alignment every year whether it be hitting curbs on ice, trail riding, or replacing steering/suspension components.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy Cap View Post
that sux man. I hope you figure it all out
Good luck to you
so the Fat bobs lift not really that good huh?
I don't think it's specific to the Fat Bob's so much as b/c it's a spacer type lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightcancled View Post
I need to invest in a lifetime alingment deal, but I am not doing it at your firestone. Your left wheel is all messed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewboto View Post
Any more info on this lifetime alignment?
I Jack up my alignment every year whether it be hitting curbs on ice, trail riding, or replacing steering/suspension components.
The lifetime alignment at Firestone was around $150 which was twice the price of a single alignment. I had at least two alignments before the lift so I've gotten my money out of that. I've had tire balancing problems with that chain. Bring it back a second or third time and it's still not done right. They don't seem to really know what they're doing wrong or try to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
its prob just the shop. im pretty sure they can get it into better alignment than that....try and go to a shop that's known for doing modified vehicles...they usually do a wayy better job
Yep that's my plan right now. That sheet is from a different Firestone and neither one has gotten it right. Just curious if anyone with the Readylift or Fat Bob's lift has any alignment numbers for me to compare to.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
what is the correct numbers?
Old 06-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #8

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedTacoma View Post
what is the correct numbers?
That's a good question and what I would like to find out. I don't know what all of them should be since it's lifted. From what I've read:

Camber should be 0
Caster has little effect on tire wear but affects steering. Probably changes with the vehicle.
Toe should be 0.
SAI is usually not separately adjustable and should be the same for both sides.
Included Angle is affected by the Camber and SAI. Should be the same for both sides.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #9

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
So I took it in this morning to a more specialty shop. They checked it out and said the Camber and Caster were pretty good but that it had a slight toe in. Had them make it right. Here's what the guy told me. Camber should be 0, Caster should be equal, and Toe should be 0. The other measurements (SAI and included angle) are not as important on this truck.

It drives great now. Went through all of that and making this thread, and I forgot to get a printout of the alignment after they were done.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #10
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link to the last wheel alignment I got on my truck.

When I first installed my lift, I took it to a dealership, they could not get it within specs. The tech was fumbling with his words and finally told me my upper control arms was bent on the driver's side. I don't know what they guy was talking about. But it seems fine to me. I later found out they were using specs from a prerunner.

I ended up taking it to a Jack Furrier's, they were able to get the numbers with in specs. My truck does not pull or anything, the tires are wearing evenly.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
revhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the rough

Name: Manny
revhappyleon's Tacoma Gallery
Going from the specs the camber should actually be around .2-.3 and caster should be around 4 Camber affects tire wear and can cause a drift towards the more positive side so you want them even and caster only affects the steering no wear so it's more important that it be equal than on specs Toe is almost never 0 on trucks and yours seems to call for .04-.05 and it affects tire wear and steering wheel level. When you get a printout split the ranges and that's the ideal alignment if the numbers are too far off ask them why, the adjustments might be maxed out or you might need to replace a part, and yes that's all one sentence
Old 06-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #12
2.7taco is on a distinguished road
2.7taco's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma's ask for a slight toe in, a little positive chamber, and damn near equal SAI. The caster should be near the same as factory since you did not change position of the front end.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #13
grizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to behold

grizzlytravis's Tacoma Gallery
well honestly i didnt get mine aliged for a few months after the lift runnin stock tires but i finally got some 31s and it rides good no pull at all
Old 06-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #14
2.7taco is on a distinguished road
2.7taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlytravis View Post
well honestly i didnt get mine aliged for a few months after the lift runnin stock tires but i finally got some 31s and it rides good no pull at all
Thats good.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #15
grizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to behold

grizzlytravis's Tacoma Gallery
yup