1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where does your clutch let out?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by Pizzajon, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Apr 22, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    Pizzajon

Pizzajon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner single cab
    Brushguard, hella 500 lights, pistol holster, 8 ball shifter knob (ha), factory seat covers, tint
    Just was wondering if anybody else has the same clutch feel as I. Mine lets out right at the very end. I only have to push mine about an inch to engage the clutch. Last summer I had a problem with the tranny so Toyota replaced the clutch, flywheel, and plate (cost me around $700, lame) but still had a problem so they ended up replacing the entire trans (toyota paid this time, thank god) and it still feels like I should have to push the clutch in further to shift. At least all my other cars I ever had did. I was just wondering if I'm just crazy or not.

thanks

2. Apr 22, 2011 at 4:53 PM
    easyeatlanta

easyeatlanta Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    14 DC Trd Off Road
    That is exactly how mine is and it's not a problem I don't even lift my heel when I shift

3. Apr 22, 2011 at 6:00 PM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    ya I know, I was about to make the same sort of thread because it was weird going from a k20 6 speed civic to this, but it seems to be just different. Nothing wrong

4. Apr 23, 2011 at 4:50 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Mine is a few inches from the floor... the ones that engage high seem weird to me. I guess it's totally what you're used to though

5. May 6, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    Buggys3sgte

Buggys3sgte Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    !@$*
    Psycho state of AZ
    Vehicle:
    97 BUDGET Taco
    Newly rearranged front end, sick Hurst shifter yo gives it lightning fast shifts, thats it more to come.
    Clutch pedal free play needs to be adjusted for those of you who have the clutch engaging way up top.

6. May 7, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    motoretro

motoretro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    09 Reg, Cab, 2.7 Four Cyl. manual trans
    Went to (2) Certified Toyota dealers w/ master techs and both informed me no adjustment was possible.
    Motoretro

7. May 7, 2011 at 8:18 PM
    Terrier

Terrier Well-Known Member

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2008 SR5 Access Cab 4x4 2.7
    Mine is high as well, and has been from the begining.

8. May 7, 2011 at 10:11 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    mines is at the top...i'm pretty sure that'w where it's supposed to be on our trucks...

9. May 8, 2011 at 12:03 AM
    Buggys3sgte

Member:
    First Name:
    !@$*
    Psycho state of AZ
    Vehicle:
    97 BUDGET Taco
    Newly rearranged front end, sick Hurst shifter yo gives it lightning fast shifts, thats it more to come.
    Not quite sure which model year/years we are talking about in this thread but for sure 04 down have adjustment. As for the Toyota FSM in 06 that too indicates both pedal and push rod freeplay limits. So whatever ASE masterbator techs you spoke with are worthless i would learn to work on your own truck if these guys are master toyota techs then god help us all. Remeber that most of toyota's ASE certified techs are graduates from Urinary Track Infection (UTI). End Rant

Link to 06 tacoma

10. May 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM
    motoretro

motoretro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    09 Reg, Cab, 2.7 Four Cyl. manual trans
    I agree fully and would give it a try myself since I do all the other stuff and retired from the industry w/ the basic know-how. Problem is 2 herniated disc in Thoracic region and getting under the dash might very well be my final attempt. Other reason is it's a 09 and still under warranty.

Motoretro

11. May 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    Buggys3sgte

Member:
    First Name:
    !@$*
    Psycho state of AZ
    Vehicle:
    97 BUDGET Taco
    Yeah back injuries are no fun from what my father says , he shattered a disc from a water skiing accident. Plus seeing as the dashes are very tight under toyota's you have to be a contortionist to set pedal height and such, i for one hate doing it but hey if it saves a clutch job im all in. Hope the above link helps some of you guys out with your pedal engagment issues.

Products Discussed in

To Top