1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

03 Original Front Disk Pad Life?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by joshhemming, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Jul 11, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    joshhemming

joshhemming [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    El Paso
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 2.4L Extended Cab
    My 2003 Tacoma 2.7L RWD Extended Cab has 51K miles. The brakes seem fine to me but during my last safety/emissions inspection the tech said he thought he heard some noise from the front brakes (he didn't pull the wheel to actually check them). He recommended I have them inspected at a brake shop.

How many miles did you have when you replaced the original pads on YOUR Tacoma? Which usually wears out first....the front disk pads or the rear brake linings? I'm sure the individual driver's style affects pad/lining life but I'm just trying to get a ballpark figure.

2. Jul 11, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    59k here, and still have some pretty good meat on them

3. Jul 11, 2011 at 3:41 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    I've got an 05 and my front pads lasted to around 100k. The rear brake shoes should last much longer than the fronts. Most of the stopping power is done with front brakes so they will, and do wear out faster. It also really depends on your driving style. That's why there's no "replace your brake pads at xx miles".

Products Discussed in

To Top