Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   4 Cylinder (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-cylinder/)
-   -   Super charger/ turbo (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-cylinder/228210-super-charger-turbo.html)

Stuie 07-07-2012 03:25 PM

Super charger/ turbo
 
I am looking to get a little more power out my 08 Tacoma , does anyone ,make a turbo kit or a charger that is reasonably priced ? Just to help towing
Thanks

Stuie 07-07-2012 03:58 PM

Not looking to spend 5k

HomerTaco 07-07-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuie (Post 5347505)
Not looking to spend 5k

Then your not going to boost your 4 banger... Ponies cost coin... :(

HomerTaco 07-07-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 (Post 5347508)
Not sure if gadget got the 4cyl blower done......check urdusa.com

Yes, he did... :cool:

Stuie 07-07-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 (Post 5347508)
Not sure if gadget got the 4cyl blower done......check urdusa.com

I talked to LC and the wanted 5400 for a stage 1 ,

HomerTaco 07-07-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 (Post 5347866)
Who is LC?

Gadget has 1 for 4500

Horsepower costs money, always has been mans quest to find cheap hp.....

Marketing companies know and exploit this.....hence all the cheap ebay crap, "chips for some vehicles that do nothing", fluffed intake numbers, fluffed exhaust numbers, and so on.

Does sts make a turbo app for the 4 banger?

+1
well said.

Stuie 07-07-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 (Post 5347866)
Who is LC?

Gadget has 1 for 4500

Horsepower costs money, always has been mans quest to find cheap hp.....

Marketing companies know and exploit this.....hence all the cheap ebay crap, "chips for some vehicles that do nothing", fluffed intake numbers, fluffed exhaust numbers, and so on.

Does sts make a turbo app for the 4 banger?

http://www.lcengineering.com/
I anot looking to race the truck just pulling power

Kelson 07-07-2012 06:01 PM

sts is pretty much universal. im sure it could be adapted. rear mount turbo's are not ideal though...

Kelson 07-07-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuie (Post 5347998)

turbo? for a 2TR? i know they have turbo and supercharger stuff for the older RZ motors and 22Rs...

Stuie 07-07-2012 06:08 PM

Do they make a kit with low boost so I don't change the injectors ?

Speed Freek 07-07-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelson (Post 5348000)
sts is pretty much universal. im sure it could be adapted. rear mount turbo's are not ideal though...

Remote mount turbos have come a long way, you would be surprised what they can do..they used to have a bad rap due to the mismatching of components and theory vs reality, not as bad as one might think.

As a matter of fact since I have swapped an LS1 into my 1st gen I dont have a lot of space for a front mount turbo and I am currently collecting parts for a remote mount turbo system (just behind the cab under the bed). Should be able to put down 600 rwhp without too much trouble.

They work great as long as the system is built right (matched)...

Kelson 07-07-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuie (Post 5348025)
Do they make a kit with low boost so I don't change the injectors ?

you have a 2TR. I don't think they make a kit. URD makes a centrifugal supercharger kit; Alpine developments does as well.

The URD kit, however, is the only one specifically designed for the US spec Tacoma w/ the 2TR. the other kit requires modification and does not fit nearly as well.

these are the only two forced induction "kits" that I know of for the 2TR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Freek (Post 5348037)
Remote mount turbos have come a long way, you would be surprised what they can do..they used to have a bad rap due to the mismatching of components and theory vs reality, not as bad as one might think.

As a matter of fact since I have swapped an LS1 into my 1st gen I dont have a lot of space for a front mount turbo and I am currently collecting parts for a remote mount turbo system (just behind the cab under the bed). Should be able to put down 600 rwhp without too much trouble.

They work great as long as the system is built right (matched)...


true but for a inline engine, single turbo application with plenty of room in the engine bay, I don't really see a reason why to have all that complications and charge piping lol.

I sure you (of all people) would be able to source the right/matched parts and create a system that would work well...just most of the time (from what ive seen) they tend to suck for one reason or another


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:45 AM.