1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OBX 2.7L Headers

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by GEORGE STRAIT, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Jul 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    GEORGE STRAIT

GEORGE STRAIT [OP] (Not the real George Strait)

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Da Magic City, AL
    Vehicle:
    Smart Fortwo '10 Hybrid
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jul 15, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    YotaMan2007

YotaMan2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    where my boots and ruck lay
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 2wd
    K&N Drop-in airfilter, secondary airfilter removed, Satoshi Mod, Kenwood Stereo System, Gibson catback system , Painted Steelies, Offroad Lights, Fatbob's spacer lift
    it looks exactly like the doug thorley header for the 2.7 if you put both products pictures side by side.

3. Jul 15, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    I have OBX brand exhaust items on my TC, you get what you pay for. It wasnt bad by any means because the price was right. THis was 7-8 years ago so I am not sure how their products are now.

4. Jul 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM
    BlackSeven

BlackSeven Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '10 Reg Cab 4x4
    Toytec Ultimate Lift kit, Toytec Rear AAL, 4.88 Gears, ARB Rear locker, Doug Thorley header, Volant Cold Air Intake, Demello Offroad front high clearance bumper, ARB On board Air compressor, BLHM, Wet Okoles, 2011 Color matched grill, Weathertech mats, 4x Innovations Sliders, ATO Engine Skid plate, ATO High lift bed mounts.
    They make alot of parts for import tuner cars as well and are held in pretty low regard across the internet. I've heard many stories of cracked welds.

5. Jul 20, 2012 at 10:19 AM
    Blueitrgsr

Blueitrgsr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Gainesville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2006 Reg Cab 4wd
    Some bilsteins, OME 885's, and an AAL.
    A few years back they were questionable. I would not hesitate to use there products now. I had a header from them on an integra i had, and the welds cracked, but i also had a turbo manifold on a lexus i had and ran 23lbs daily on it for a while. If you look at it like this, you are saving money on a product, that will last until a weld cracks, it is still probably cheaper to have the weld patched then to buy a more expensive product.

6. Jul 26, 2012 at 2:17 PM
    hour

hour TL;DR BOSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma RC 4x4 (Sold) '14 Ram 1500, '99 4R
    Level 8 Trackers, Hankook Dynapro LT265/75/16, Bilstein 5100's @ 2.5, Wheelers 3-Leaf Progressive w/ factory overload, 5100s all around // Ranch Camper Shell, BHLM, hacked reverse lights, auxiliary reverse lights // Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD, RF Prime Components, BOSS 10" Sub
    I agree with the above for the most part, but my experiences with them were all on Hondas about 6 years ago. At that point they had taken a lot of flak and already improved enormously - for the popular honda tuner motors of the mid 90's at least. I feel like I'd be finding more tacoma specific reviews if it had been on the market for a long time or sold well.

If they're doing it right the first time these days then maybe it's all OK.

7. Jul 26, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    YotaMan2007

YotaMan2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    where my boots and ruck lay
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 2wd
    K&N Drop-in airfilter, secondary airfilter removed, Satoshi Mod, Kenwood Stereo System, Gibson catback system , Painted Steelies, Offroad Lights, Fatbob's spacer lift
    only issue with this disign is that not all the tubes are the same length like the LC engineering header for the 2.7 and from what i hear LC made the header perfect for it. I'm waiting for the improved LCE header to be put on the market since they specialize in toyota performance parts.

8. Jul 26, 2012 at 7:20 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    too bad they dont "make" them anymore. yes there is a rumor that they will come out with a new and improved one soon, we'll see if that happens

Products Discussed in

To Top