1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

front mud flaps for base 4x2

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by Silvertaco19, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Aug 31, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    Silvertaco19

Silvertaco19 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    pa
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 4x2
    X-runner wheels, 15% lumar tint
    No part number for a 2012 tacoma base front mud flaps. Is the only solution husky? I.put x- RUNNER wheels on it that are wider then the stockers. I want to protect the paint. Any assistance would be great.

2. Dec 9, 2012 at 8:13 PM
    Hot Taco

Hot Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richfield, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Base Regular Cab
    Beefed Taco 3" Lowering Blocks DJM 3" Front Lowering Kit Custom C-Notch Intermittent Wipers LED tail lights
    Husky Liner mud flaps won't fit either... at least not the Tacoma specific flaps because they're made for fender flares :(

3. Dec 16, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    53wick

53wick Well-Known Member

Member:
    kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2014 accesscab prerunner
    just put on some on my 2013 ac. buy the cheap flat mud flaps, you will have to cut out around i guess what is the lower cab mounts. take the new mud flap lay it on a piece of cardboard, cut it out and use it as a template. cut the cardboard, fold it down to lay under the cab mount, i guess its at a 45 degree angle. then cut the mud flap, you will need a heat gun when you bend it down, wear gloves it will burn your hands, you have to get it that hot so it will bend. trim as needed. drilled 1/4 holes threw the mud flap and the plastic inner fender, used a push in body clip, 5 per side, 3 along the fender, 2 below the cab mount. use caution when drilling holes not to go in too deep and hit something under the inner fender

4. Apr 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM
    Hot Taco

Member:
    Richfield, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Base Regular Cab
    Beefed Taco 3" Lowering Blocks DJM 3" Front Lowering Kit Custom C-Notch Intermittent Wipers LED tail lights
    I'm thinking these Rally Armor "Universal Plus" flaps might be my starting point for building my own front mud flaps. For $25 for 4, I can mess-up one set and still have another set :D That weird buldge in the fender liner sure does make the otherwise simple project a rather big pain in the ... :mad:

5. May 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    Hot Taco

Member:
    Richfield, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Base Regular Cab
    I found semi generic flaps from my local auto parts store for $10, bought some stainless steal screws and washers, and went-to-town on them with my Dremel tool. They're not sexy, but for $10, I can live with that. (Come to think of it, I have yet to see a sexy mudflap at any price, so...)

They don't hang down very low, but I think that's OK because I have a DJM 3" lowering kit waiting to be installed, so I don't want these scraping on the ground in the future.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top