Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   4 Cylinder (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-cylinder/)
-   -   13' TACOMA PRERUNNER DC 4CYL/BEST LIFT & TIRES? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-cylinder/270710-13-tacoma-prerunner-dc-4cyl-best-lift-tires.html)

kingkill33 03-29-2013 11:37 PM

13' TACOMA PRERUNNER DC 4CYL/BEST LIFT & TIRES?

new tacoma owner, and loving it so far!:D
interested in lifting and getting some tires
but still new at this. been reading alot of threads
and found some good information.

whats the best lift kit and tires for a 13' tacoma prerunner dc 4cyl??
and can you get tires(was thinking bfgoodrich all terrain t/a ko)
on stock, or will you need to lift truck??:confused:

all help will be appreciated! thanks again!

zbaldo 03-29-2013 11:50 PM

Welcome to the tw family

About your truck welli got to say man if you want to get a lift there are a lot of options but getting a lift will make you want to get bigger tires and that will most likely slow your truck down and lower your mpg. One thing specific to your truck is that a double cab with a 4 cyl engine is pretty underpowered in itself if you do decide to get larger tires you will most likely have to regear to keep up with traffic, or so I read from other people's opinions about the four cylinder.

Not to bash on you or anything just giving you some advice on that specific truck

If there are any errors I apologize wrote this on my ipad

zbaldo 03-29-2013 11:52 PM

But to answer your question the bfg tires are great for everything a prerunner can do.

cwoodruff08 03-31-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkill33 (Post 6667454)
new tacoma owner, and loving it so far!:D
interested in lifting and getting some tires
but still new at this. been reading alot of threads
and found some good information.

whats the best lift kit and tires for a 13' tacoma prerunner dc 4cyl??
and can you get tires(was thinking bfgoodrich all terrain t/a ko)
on stock, or will you need to lift truck??:confused:

all help will be appreciated! thanks again!

Sounds like we have the same truck. Congrats, I just got my 13' DC 2.7L also. I've wondered the same about lifts. I may try slightly larger tires but I don't think I'll lift it. I'm too in love with the gas milage. It does seem though the stock tires don't fill out the wheel wells quite enough. I am however going to get an intake and exhaust to see if mileage can get better than the 22.6 I'm getting now.

UFGatorFAN 03-31-2013 07:34 PM

Hey fellas, just recently joined TW as well and have also been looking at a lot of threads. I have a 2012 taco 4cyl manual access cab. I have narrowed the lifts down to Pro Comp which has mixed reviews and OME which has nothing but good reviews, but I have only been looking at 3" lifts. Pro Comp is about half the price of OME though. As far as tires, everyone that ups to a 285 seems to get some kind of rubbing as some point. My favorite so far is the Firestone Destination M/T's. This is just what I have seen so far and welcome to TW!

UFGatorFAN 03-31-2013 07:38 PM

Also, under Tacoma Garage go to Wheels and Tires: Tires! Tires! Tires! and you will see a ton of nice tires that you can give a further review!

PSJ 04-19-2013 07:33 AM

I would start by considering 5100's with the idea of a simple lift and suspension or shock upgrade. I would not max out the lift or go the 2.5" setting with these shocks. If you want more then 2", consider the many other lift options. With the 4 banger prerunner, I would not go any larger then 265/75R/16's. You can also get BFG's or many other all terrian tires in the stock tire size if you want to help maintain mpg. ;)