1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Short Shift kit

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by hwork50, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Nov 30, 2009 at 10:18 PM
    hwork50

hwork50 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Clemente
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 AC
    DTRL, Skid Plate, Bed Extender, ipod hook up in glove bo, bed mat, rubber mats, Garmin GPS, 2.5"Toyotec lift with 5100 shocks and Eibach springs.
    Gotta say the best mods I have done are the short shift URD kit as it drives SOOOOO much better. I love it. I also installed fog lights and but in the 5100 suspension kit from Toyotec. It tightened up that weak suspension that I ruined 2 weeks ago taking a load to the dump. They should really put better shocks in the 4cyl. Prerunner as those cheap black things are pretty much worthless.

Merry Christmas to me.

Brent

2. Dec 1, 2009 at 8:05 AM
    jassco

jassco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Offroad
    I just put the URD shifter on mine last week. Really great upgrade although my out of spec stock shifter(2010) caused the supplied spacers to not fit. Had to dremel them for a bit, but otherwise ok. It really tightens up the shifts from 1st to 2nd on the 5spd.

I am waiting on for the whole "rear suspension TSB" thing to boil down to the 2010's. Adding the tow hitch added a little weight back there and maybe stiffened things up in the rear, but those 3 leaf springs suck big ones.

Products Discussed in

To Top