1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nov. 5th Shawnigan drive

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Tarik, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Nov 6, 2011 at 11:26 AM
    NFK

NFK Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Canada, BC, Vancouver Island, Victoria
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    Tiers 33/11.5 tiers Mickey Thompson,Wheels Mickey T Side Bitters 17” 3” Rev Tech Lift,Added Leaf Spring,Black Projector Headlights CCFL Halo’s / HID’S Blacked out tail light Mod,Grill craft Grill Top and Bottom Hella 500 Behind Gril,FJ40 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem Front Grill K&N Air Filter,TRD Emblem Lower Grill Bottom Right,Toyota Bug & Stone Deflector Toyota Skid Plate Rhino Lined,WeatherTech Window Visors AVID Step Up Sliders,Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares Key Hole Plugs Colour Matching,Tacoma Bed MattRear,Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod ( Key Hose Clamp) Leer 100XQ Canopy,Semi De-BadgedPainted Remaining Badges (black) FA-series Short Stubby Antenna Length: 8" TRex Eyelids,Wet Okole TRD Seat Covers Charcoal And Black With Center Console And Rear Pockets With TRD Emblem logo WeatherTech Floor Mats,48 LED Blue Dome Light
    what are you doing with you cali plates still on lol

2. Nov 6, 2011 at 12:53 PM
    Toyoghi

Toyoghi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shoghi
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab
    Solid tri-fold Tonneau, Deezee Bed mat, Pop n Lock.
    So much for taking super easy!! Looks like you had fun though. I prob woulda been screwed. I don't have a locker!!

3. Nov 6, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    Tarik

Tarik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego California
    Spidertrax wheel spacers Avid bed rack Avid sliders 285/75/16 BFG KO2 Black vent rings TRD red start button Screen protection ProComp 3.5 lift
    I Could tell you but I'd have to kill you.

I took it easy till I went off on my own and nearly got myself stuck with no help anywhere near by. Lol.
    I learned a few things about this mud and look forward to next time!
    The guys are right though, there's always a way around the tough spots if you choose not to go nutty.
    Great wheeling in this area.

4. Nov 6, 2011 at 11:15 PM
    NFK

NFK Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    Tiers 33/11.5 tiers Mickey Thompson,Wheels Mickey T Side Bitters 17” 3” Rev Tech Lift,Added Leaf Spring,Black Projector Headlights CCFL Halo’s / HID’S Blacked out tail light Mod,Grill craft Grill Top and Bottom Hella 500 Behind Gril,FJ40 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem Front Grill K&N Air Filter,TRD Emblem Lower Grill Bottom Right,Toyota Bug & Stone Deflector Toyota Skid Plate Rhino Lined,WeatherTech Window Visors AVID Step Up Sliders,Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares Key Hole Plugs Colour Matching,Tacoma Bed MattRear,Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod ( Key Hose Clamp) Leer 100XQ Canopy,Semi De-BadgedPainted Remaining Badges (black) FA-series Short Stubby Antenna Length: 8" TRex Eyelids,Wet Okole TRD Seat Covers Charcoal And Black With Center Console And Rear Pockets With TRD Emblem logo WeatherTech Floor Mats,48 LED Blue Dome Light
    so mad i missed it :(

5. Nov 7, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    Taco13

Taco13 Goldmember

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Victoria, BC CANADA
    Vehicle:
    Red09
    Aftermarket: Goodyear Wrangler Duratrak (285/70R17) on Black Ion 179s, Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit with AAL & Rancho 9000 on the rear, Front Window Tint, Lund Challenger Black Cargo Box, Redline Tuning Quicklift Elite Hood lifts, Redline Tuning Tailgate EZ Down, ScanGuage II, Kenwood DNX8120 with Nav, Tuffy Bed Security Lockbox, 4x4 light switch mod, tailgate clamp mod, Viper Alarm/Remote Start, AFE Cold Air Intake, 115vAC & 12vDC outlets in rear of armrest, 400w all the time mod, Weather Tech floor mats, 3C Maglight clamped to seat adjust bar, Scuba Mod (rear diff, transfer case & auto trans relocated to inside of bed tool box) OEM: Leather Heated Seats, Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Cartridge style Block Heater Wish List: Relentless Fab front bumper and sliders, Warn 9.5XP, front and rear ARB air lockers
    I was about to reply I couldn't see the videos, but then I checked below this reply box, and the individual videos were gone, but replaced with the web link for them. Weird... Anyway, there are some good ones there, especially the Tacoma pulling out the Ford!!!

Ya, I'm out for the 14th as well. Someone mentioned in Dec? Hmmm, I've got some mods to do.

6. Nov 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    Spidertrax wheel spacers Avid bed rack Avid sliders 285/75/16 BFG KO2 Black vent rings TRD red start button Screen protection ProComp 3.5 lift
    December 3rd is really the only one that works for me. Could be a mods day/drive thing - I have plans on all the other December weekends - they get too close to the holidays.
    I'll post up a new thread for that drive and see what kind of response I get from members.

I usually never host videos on Photobucket but it was easier this time, though it took forever. Definitely some good videos and a great time. Looking forward to the next one :thumbsup:

Still waiting to hear what happened to everyone else after I parted ways...I assume they returned? :notsure:

7. Nov 7, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    NFK

NFK Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    DEC 2 in my bday! so that would be a awsome after bday day

8. Nov 7, 2011 at 4:36 PM
    Taco13

Taco13 Goldmember

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Victoria, BC CANADA
    Vehicle:
    Red09
    Aftermarket: Goodyear Wrangler Duratrak (285/70R17) on Black Ion 179s, Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit with AAL & Rancho 9000 on the rear, Front Window Tint, Lund Challenger Black Cargo Box, Redline Tuning Quicklift Elite Hood lifts, Redline Tuning Tailgate EZ Down, ScanGuage II, Kenwood DNX8120 with Nav, Tuffy Bed Security Lockbox, 4x4 light switch mod, tailgate clamp mod, Viper Alarm/Remote Start, AFE Cold Air Intake, 115vAC & 12vDC outlets in rear of armrest, 400w all the time mod, Weather Tech floor mats, 3C Maglight clamped to seat adjust bar, Scuba Mod (rear diff, transfer case & auto trans relocated to inside of bed tool box) OEM: Leather Heated Seats, Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Cartridge style Block Heater Wish List: Relentless Fab front bumper and sliders, Warn 9.5XP, front and rear ARB air lockers
    if the 3rd is the next run, I'm in. :D

NFK, hope to see you out there this time. Tell your boss you are DEFINETLY not available for work that day!!

9. Nov 7, 2011 at 4:59 PM
    NFK

NFK Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    yeah no shit hey

10. Nov 7, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    qwertypepper

qwertypepper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cam
    canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD sport dclb
    @ tarik,the rest of the run went well after we parted ways. we made it to bear creek res. my favourite part was the short but challenging bypass from san juan main to bear creek. the gate was open so anyone who didn't want to try it could still follow, everyone did the bypass though. of course i forgot my camera, so i'm counting on everyone else to post up their pictures in this thread. we did get a group shot of all the trucks lined up, i'm hoping to make my desktop pic, once its posted up

11. Nov 7, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    DBP

DBP Stoked Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '97 Ext. Cab 3.4L 4x4 Std.
    Rear Diff Breather, 4" Deckplate, 18" Magnaflow, 2.5"-ish spacer/block lift (I know I know, might do the 63" chevy's soon), Bush Guard rebuilt with Sch40 tubing, Custom 9 layer eggshell paint Greeny-Yellow, Eclipse Components up front getting 55rms/side and 8" sub will get 220rms (build in progress), two sets of snow chains? (unstoppable in the snow with those on!)
    Hey Guys!

Here is the photo of us all parked at Bear Creek Res..

There are two versions I've got hosted off the back of my website, the first link is just under 1mb in size, and the second is 8.5mb I think..? Just wait till they fully load, then drag to your desktop.

Web Res:
    http://danbatchelor.com/tacomaworld/Nov5th-1080p.jpg

Full Res: (it usually freezes up your web browser for how ever long it takes to load 8.5mb of data, just wait, and it'll be ok :p )
    http://danbatchelor.com/tacomaworld/Nov5th-fullres.jpg

12. Nov 7, 2011 at 8:08 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    Hey someone needs to photoshop my truck in to that pic...grrr :cool:
    Nice!

13. Nov 7, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Damn looks like a blast! So mad I couldn't find an excuse to get up there. (Well I could've, but not enough money. :() The scenery is beautiful!

I wouldn't have even been the only one with California plates! :laugh:

14. Nov 7, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    If you guys ever plan a future run to this area, and I know about it pretty far in advance, I'm definitely coming. :D

15. Nov 7, 2011 at 8:36 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
  16. Nov 7, 2011 at 9:39 PM
    Crusher

Crusher How deep do you think that is?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Greater YYJ
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB TRD nekkid
    Debadged, Blacked out grille emblem, Alum headache rack & bed rails, OME 886 springs, OME Nitro's all around, Dakars, ARB Deluxe bull bar with Warn VR8000, leather front seats
    Great pics Tarik, it was a really fun day. I couldn't get the videos to work though, I wonder if my computer is just too old...I'll try on my iphone.
    I posted some pics from this trip on the thread for the next run, I did tell you all that my computer skills seriously lack kung fu.
    So you'll all have to go there to see the photos.
    I'd really like to see any video of me flogging my truck :eek:

17. Nov 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    Definitely try from another PC. The first 4 videos are of you flogging lol. Also, there's some nice video of you stuck, but then getting out again :D
    Thanks for posting the pix!

18. Nov 13, 2011 at 9:09 AM
    covefrog08

covefrog08 swollen member

Member:
    Vancouver Island- Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 w/west coast pin-striping
    devil horns, weather tech floor mats, Camo seat cover, window visors, premier deck w/ 6 speakers and sub, checker plate tool box, diff breather relocate, Mag light & Fire Extinguisher behind seat
    hey everyone
    i finally got a chance to sit down and upload some photos of this trip. We had lots of fun and enjoyed meet all of you, i'll definitely come out for another trip.

going into pit
    [​IMG]

first mud of the day
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

coming out
    [​IMG]

james wanting to force his truck over a hill and a couscous TW member worried that he will drag, so he got stuck
    [​IMG]

taking the high road
    [​IMG]

the bypass
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the end
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

camping was fun blew up lots of fireworks and drank some blue buck! big fire.. was 0.7 deg. C at one point
    [​IMG]

we had one more tent and there was room for 3 or 4 behind us.... forgot the tarp was so big!
    [​IMG]

19. Nov 14, 2011 at 7:04 AM
    NFK

NFK Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    good pics!

20. Nov 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM
    GeatWhiteNorth

GeatWhiteNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Morgen
    Victoria BC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DC LB
    LR UCA's, 5100 all around, OME 885, add a leaf, Elite Sliders, 285's
    so sad i missed this, let me know when you guys are thinkin of going again and hopefully ill be able to make it this time!!

Products Discussed in

To Top