1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Tires & COLOR rims should I get?

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by KevSab7, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Nov 19, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    KevSab7

KevSab7 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Hollywood, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Access Cab 4cyl
    I'm a new threader here!!

TIRES- Looking to add some new tires on my tacoma. I'm LOOKING to put on 235/75/15 & I dont know where to start. I know people on this website know their stuff. I'm not rich so I'm not trying to spend a fortune but I wouldnt mind spending money on decent off-road looking tires.

BLACK RIM- I have the manufacture rims on my truck and i'm looking to paint them black. Any suggestion on HOW and WHAT color black I should use?

YOU GUYS ARE THE EXPERTS & I APPRECIATE ALL THE SUGGESTIONS..:D

2. Nov 19, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    saugus

saugus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    bfgood or michelin a/t if you have the cash.

Here are some that are top of the line but may not look badass if that's what you're into:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...AT2OWLXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I put m/s 2's on mine and cleaned the rims with comet and a tooth brush. Tonight I will plastidip them and may paint the caps flat black. If the plastidip wears off then I will probably paint them with cans.

3. Nov 19, 2011 at 2:51 PM
    seksilumpia

seksilumpia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    El Dorado Hills
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport DCSB
    Performance mods: TRD CAI, AFE throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley headers, TRD exhaust. Cosmetic mods: HID 10k head+3k fog lights, BHLM, T-rex 2 eyelids, billet grill (5 piece), 20% front window tint, 4% back window tint, tinted 3rd brake light, altezza tail lights, LED license plate lights, door skid protectors, slotted drilled rotors,plasti dip rims,painted rotor and drums. Interior mods: TRD seat covers, LED map and dome lights, 2 kicker 10' w/ 500 watt amp, pioneer door speakers,and Pioneer AVIC X930BT.
    i would get a BFG TA KO tire..Its a nice well known brand and its not too expensive. Michelin now owns BFG and also does Michelin testing on a BFG tires. I would at all cost stay away from Goodyear just personal preference, I just dont like the way ALL Goodyears are made. I just feel the material in the belts are not as well made other than the Goodyear Silent Armour which has kevlar in the belts.I work at Sams club tires.And a BFG tire sounds to fit your budget and what you need it for so a BFG TA KO is what i would recommend to you...and im cheap with rims so i plasti dipped mine and its holding great so far..18.00 solution and easy to do

4. Nov 19, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    I have Goodyear Wrangler Radials on mine that are that size. They're not m y favorite looking tire but they were dirt cheap and they're surprisingly good offroad and in snow.

5. Nov 29, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    KevSab7

KevSab7 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Hollywood, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Access Cab 4cyl
    Thanks for all the help. I'm definitely leaning toward BFG. Now I'm just looking for a place to do them at a affordable price. If anyone knows of any GOOD online stores to buy from or any in south florida that have recommendations, I'd also appreciate that. THANKS AGAIN!

Products Discussed in

To Top