1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lost all Hope in Humanity

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Night, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Nov 19, 2011 at 6:12 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    You should have taken a video of the whole thing and put it on Youtube. Maybe she will gain notoriety like that Prius driver. :D

Get wide sliders with kickouts and spray them with rough bedliner. Helps against douchbag parking, runaway shopping carts, and other hazards of mall-crawling.

[​IMG]

2. Nov 19, 2011 at 6:20 PM
    Bajatacoma

Bajatacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Off-Road, SR5, 6 speed
    Yep, nobody believes in personal responsibility any more. I've got a couple of door dents in my truck now from careless wankers.

Buddy of mine used to carry a bottle of fox urine (used by hunters) in his Jeep and when he'd come out and find someone had dinged his vehicle he'd drop a little in their fresh air vents on the hood. I'd never recommend that or skunk scent of course.

3. Nov 19, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    Surferdude

Surferdude Erich

Member:
    First Name:
    Erich
    Grayslake, il
    Vehicle:
    '11, DC SR5, 4x4
    ProEFX Tonneau cover, Coverking seat covers, Weathertech front floor liners, Coverking Cab Cover, Westin nerfs, in transit...
    Whoa wait a minute, I never heard the term "sliders" before in regards to nerf bars and they stop door dings? I honestly didn't know that was a benefit of them, to prevent idiots doors from hitting my doors.

So, do they actually work for that purpose?

If so, I'm putting those high on the list of upgrades, cause I'm friggin dreading my first door ding on my new baby beast.

4. Nov 19, 2011 at 6:48 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Even my black factory running boards protect my truck from car doors and low SUV doors. No protection from truck doors though. My wife loves them because she doesn't have to be quite as careful when she squeezes out of her car after she snugs up next to me in our garage.

Oh, and they don't sit lower than the "pinch weld" that runs the length of the truck body. Some nerf or step bars do sit a lot lower though.

5. Nov 19, 2011 at 6:58 PM
    vbibi

vbibi Well-Known Member

Member:
    san fransisco bay area
    Vehicle:
    2009 4door long bed
    Once I've got out of a food store just to find a guy in a truck just like mine parked next to me trying to shovel his kid in the back seat. As I wait patiently I noticed he scratched my rear door with his shopping cart. I blew a fuse and I gave him a piece of my mind, exchanged info with him and took off pissed. I got home, took some staff and rubbed the scratch off. Turned out the plastic from the cart left a thin film which come of with some elbow grease. The paint was OK. Next day the guy's wife called to apologize saying he lost his job, they are in bad shape, etc. I gave her the news and she thanked me for like 50 times.
    Not all of them are bad, some of them are just stressed out as a resold of this hard times we live.

6. Nov 19, 2011 at 7:20 PM
    Surferdude

Surferdude Erich

Member:
    First Name:
    Erich
    Grayslake, il
    Vehicle:
    '11, DC SR5, 4x4
    ProEFX Tonneau cover, Coverking seat covers, Weathertech front floor liners, Coverking Cab Cover, Westin nerfs, in transit...
    Ok, i'm having beers and being lazy about searching I admit. So, I have a brand new 2011 Taco that I want to keep looking new, as long as possible.

So, if I go to my local Pep Boys or similar, will I ask/look for sliders, or nerf bars, or what?

Time is of the essence as my wife is out of town till next Friday and well, she won't notice it at all when she gets back. Ahh, the glory of having separate finances!

7. Nov 19, 2011 at 7:33 PM
    KenLyns

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    ^ You buy sliders from off-road fab shops. CBI, All-Pro, BeefedTaco, etc. Look up TW's vendor section: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/vendors/

Step rails (aka nerf bars) will protect against parking lot dents, are easier to install (no drilling), but can bend very easily off-road:

[​IMG]

8. Nov 19, 2011 at 7:35 PM
    MrsPib

MrsPib Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Angie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTAS, TOYOTAS EVERYWHERE
    Dude.....that's a little dickish. My husband and I discuss the good, the bad, and the ugly. We have separate finances too, but we still discuss larger purchases, if anything, just to share our excitement over item X.

But anyways, thanks for the distinction between sliders and nerf bars, Samsung. I'm definitely going to drop my nerf bar idea and pick up sliders instead!

9. Nov 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Don't forget sliders are 2-3x the price and true sliders need to be welded on.

10. Nov 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM
    KenLyns

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    ^ Not true. The 2nd Gen. frame is C-section, double-walled. If welding is the only form of attachment, all the loads will be on the outer wall. Two bolts through the frame per flange, to spread the load to the inner wall, is enough. Notice most of the OEM brackets, spring shackles, etc. are riveted?

11. Nov 19, 2011 at 7:49 PM
    Surferdude

Surferdude Erich

Member:
    First Name:
    Erich
    Grayslake, il
    Vehicle:
    '11, DC SR5, 4x4
    MrsPib, lighten the F up. I was mostly making a joke/having fun. Guess what, my wife has zero interest in anything truck-like, which is fine by me. If we're buying a house or piece of furniture, we'll get excited together.

12. Nov 19, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

11SuperwhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    11 Super White TRD Off Road w JBL
    AFE cai, MBRP cat back, TonnoPro hard folding cover, Weather Tech's
    Joe Horn from Texas shot two or three robbers that were robbing his neighbors house while on the phone with 911... if i remember right after a short bit he was let go. the tape is on youtube.

13. Nov 19, 2011 at 8:33 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    soon I shall have my sliders! :)

14. Nov 19, 2011 at 9:10 PM
    Night

Night [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    Sliders are no-no for me. Can't do any frame modifications. I might invest in a set of nerf bars but to the person who saying I am not mad about the damage is I was surprised that there was none she hit the rocker panel and left paint on my door. Remind you I just purchased this truck and its my first new vehicle. I guess you also missed the part where she said she was going to get her Police officer son to beat me up. Wouldn't you be mad if someone hit your door repeatedly told you it was your fault, threatened you then cussed and yelled at you? Even though you were in the right the whole time.

I would also have my truck all armored up if I was allowed. I love all the trucks on this forum.

15. Nov 19, 2011 at 9:25 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    Did you take a photo of the truck in the location when it happened? Just an FYI, I work in law enforcement (not a traffic cop) but if my mom said that I would beat you up and I actually did something to retaliate against you...I'd be in some deep crap.

16. Nov 19, 2011 at 9:31 PM
    bhh2000

bhh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB TRD 4X4
    hahah!!! thats frickin great!! I really need to get some!

17. Nov 19, 2011 at 9:34 PM
    Goober

Goober Earthlings are fun to watch!

Member:
    Utah - Why just have only one?
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Off-Planet AccessCab
    I would've gotton her license and called the police on her. If she's had other complaints it'll go against her. I doubt her son is a police officer, if he is and is running around threatening people he won't be for long.

18. Nov 19, 2011 at 9:50 PM
    Night

Night [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    Its depressing when the world such a bad place that you try to be nice about something they don't care. My father was in the truck when she hit the door the first time, then when she couldn't open the door to get her fat body out she hit my door again another time out of rage. My dad rolled down the window and asked her why she did that then she snapped on him. I came out of the coffee shop and when she got back in her car she slammed her door on my even though she didn't need to get out again. Then I went around the truck to see if she dented my door and she rolled down the window to tell me I parked to effin close. I just told her that I was already here and there is 2 feet on the other side of her car so she didn't really have to park that close. Started swearing at me and told me I was a no good piece of shit. Then I flipped on her and drove off.

Even when your nice about something it doesn't pay off. Worlds just full of bitter people? :notsure:

19. Nov 19, 2011 at 10:36 PM
    cooktaco

cooktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    11 Dbl. cab TRD 4x4
    Weahertecs, Bed met, Snugtop, Avid sliders, TSB Springs, Bilstein 5100's @1.75,
    Night - I am with you a hundred percent. Had the same thing almost so I got out to check for damage and told the woman to be more careful. She got all pissed like I was out of line. Chewed her out a little about respecting other people's property which really pissed her off, but f@$k her.

Ordered Avid bolt on sliders last week in part because of dipshits opening their doors. Don't know what has happened to people but they don't seem to take any responsibility for themselves and don't care a lick about other people. I work hard for what I have and I don't mind any of the scars I put on my truck, but door dings aren't OK.

20. Nov 19, 2011 at 11:00 PM
    R o C C o 5 7

R o C C o 5 7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma 4x4
    Pro Comp 6" lift.Icon Coilovers,Total Chaos UCAs,Magna Flow muffler,N Fab step bars,front windows titnt
    She probably goes around threatning people with this( my son is a cop bs)over any little thing just to show off.Her dumbass son is probably just a freaking mall cop.

Products Discussed in

To Top