1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3M Fuel System cleaning kit

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 6spdtaco, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Nov 27, 2011 at 4:49 AM
    6spdtaco

6spdtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VT
    Vehicle:
    Taco
  2. Nov 27, 2011 at 2:58 PM
    6spdtaco

6spdtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VT
    Vehicle:
    Taco
  3. Nov 27, 2011 at 3:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    The Lucas/Techron/Insert Brand Here fuel system cleaner is usually only a couple bucks at Autozone or whatever.
    Same goes for a can of TB cleaner and a can of MAF Sensor cleaner.
    The intake cleaner is the only question mark there. And I think you can get it for less-Check out Seafoam...Same idea, different introduction method.

4. Nov 27, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    hogeyphenogey

hogeyphenogey Back in a Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Agawam, MA
    Vehicle:
    Lunar Rock 2023 TRD Sport 6spd
    At our dealership we just got some new flush machines, and I just did the fuel system cleaning. Let me tell you, I have better getupandgo, I'm hoping to see better mpgs as well. The amount of smoke coming out was nice. Lots of carbon with the e85 gasoline. It was cool to see performed. My boss has only 20k miles on a 2008 car and it smoked more than my 06 with 39k. I'd say go for it. Going to do an engine cleaning as well... Oil change with oil and some trans fluid, then run it, then drain and fill with oil, wait two weeks, drain and fill, then wait two weeks and do it again. I just had an oil change a couple weeks back and my oil is dark again. I do about 7-8000 miles a year and live 3 miles fron work.

Products Discussed in

To Top